Article on VFX company behind the Teaser

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by llamatron, Jul 4, 2006.

1. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

...At least the company that did the titles.

The thing is the transforming titles happen so fast, you really don't see all the work that went into it, from the way they are talking they didn't employ any cheating to have the titles transform into the various shapes.

I guess this also confirms that the TF's in the film will have these hyper complicated transformations, which visually will be cool as hell, but I wonder how Hasbro is going to translate that into toys - that should be interesting to see!

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    very cool read :D  thanks

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Seems like a good company. And I looked up the deets on Asylum. Damn they have a lot of credits to their name.

5. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Neat stuff. Definitely not a job I would want to attempt doing. helluva job.

6. shinzoutron

shinzoutron Member

Yes those tiles were super complicated. IF did a great job on the animation. I work for the studio that did all the UVW texture mapping and lighting. When we go this job there was a lot of work just trying to transfer mappning data between maya and studio max. I lost tons of sleep as well as everyone else. Originally the autobots logo wasnt in the trailer, but I guess Spielburg suggested it and the animators were crazy enough to attempt it just two weeks before deadline (mid may). We were like "these guys are nuts" but they pulled it off and it looked great on the big screen. We had a huge crew from work at Pirates last night and the whole place cheered when the transformers title came up. Now that is satisfying!