Article About Creator of TF2 Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jun/15/shifting-gears-for-hollywood/

Although its not stated, three of his bikes are possibly the ones referenced as the Arcee motorcycles referred to in the TF2 callsheets.

Plus, I doubt they'd be doing this if they were just being used by humans in the movie:

2. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Whoa, I do not envy this man. He must be under some heavy pressure! Anyway, I hope we will start to see some leaked designs fast. All these internet articles and gossip and rumours are making me mad!! :) 

3. Tim Formas

News Credits:
  4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea way too much work and way too many bikes for it not to be a Transformer in the movie. If all they were doing was one stunt or one shot they would have just gotten a few production bikes instead of spending all that.

5. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    he builds some pretty nice bikes....arcee is going to be awesome

6. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I agree! :D  I do hope though that she isn't killed off! I'm looking forward to seeing her design! :D 

I wonder what paint job she will have, considering how much the article said the paint cost. Will it be purple, like the first movie design, or pink and white, like the original? Either, I hope we get more information on all the robots soon! :D 

7. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

God no !! I don't want to lose her as with Jazz !!

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She's gonna be pretty small, so she had better stay the hell away from any of the larger Decepticons or she'll be meeting Jazz.

9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well from what he said some of the bikes will meet quite a fiery demise... so I'm betting my previous theory (someone said in another thread that the three bikes were of different color) that there are actually three 'femmebots' who are simply repaints (the movie, if they stick to the script, will feature many battlescenes with lots of Bots) who look totally the same just in different color to save money. And yeah, I bet some of them will be killed off... most likely not Arcee but some other no-names.

10. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I agree completely! The less deaths the better! Not only do I vastly dislike seeing my favorite characters die, but also, why kill off a character when they could be used in future projects? In the cartoons and comics, everything just gets reset, but we only get one shot with a live-action movie! I know that Optimus and Bumblebee are safe, but the others I'll be worrying over until we get to see a copy of the script.

I'll be hoping for everyone's survival, especially Arcee and the rumored Wheeljack! :D 

Maybe they'll have her fight smaller characters like Frenzy was?

11. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Has RC been confirmed for this movie yet? because I have a sneaking suspicion this may turn out to be prowl.

12. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

LOL!! When i saw the picture for this forum, it thought the thing the guy was building was Arcee!! It didn't look like a motorcycle until i clicked it!! :drool: 

13. Tim Formas

News Credits:
    A call sheet for the movie that surfaced a week or two back (the link is on the main page post for this story) mentioned "Arcee Motorcycles".

14. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

Cool!

WORD! I'd also love to see some designs, even if they're fake, but I seriously doubt Bay's going to leak that stuff because of the fecal storm he got while making TF1.

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW
    (Select Text to see possible spoiler)

I also have a serious feeling that the Ice Cream Truck Transformer in the Steel Mill scene, which is referred to as, "The Twins" on the call sheet, may be Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. IF SO, I hope that that is the first earth vehicle they scan and not the only one. We'll see.

15. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

Arcee

I also hope that Arcee isn't killed off, as I'm looking forward to seeing her. You know another cool Female Bot (who didn't really transform) was a character named Beta who was in one of the last G1 episodes. I liked her character alot - she was fearless, strong, and had some mean archery skills! I wonder if anyone's kitbashed her into a figure? Anybody know?

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I thought he would made radical customs, but he only tweaks them enough to make then unique. I definately like that Arcee will be a unique bike but not too radical.

17. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome :rock 

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool news. Interesting that he made three 'hero' & three 'stunt' bikes. Sounds like my initial theory of there being multiple characters might be right. Either that or she really is a combiner like some people were speculating... though I seriously hope not.

I do wonder how much paint the bikes are going to have with the expense ($40,000 total for each bike with $10,000 of that going to each one's paint job). Sounds like it's going to be top notch paint though.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm loving Movie Arcee

20. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I hope that Arcee doesn't get cut again.