Arthropod Pet Keppers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NexusZero, Jan 1, 2011.

1. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Who here keeps an Arthropod as a pet?

I have a Chilean Rose Hair, original I know, I'm currently saving for a Flat Rock Emperor Scorpion, what about you guys? any tarantulas or scorpions etc?

Discuss.

2. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I used to have a Chilean Rose Haired Tarantula, Metallic blue pink toed bird eating spider, whip scorpion and several types of scorpions as pets. These arachnids were helpful for my fears of spiders. Unfortunately I cannot keep any of these critters as pets for my community have an ordinance to forbidding anyone from owning exotic pets like these.

3. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

My Tarantula is very calm, once she sat still on my hand for four hours, didn't move an inch.

4. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

bet she was thinking, "Ok how the hell can I eat this in one sitting?" :lol 

5. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

:lol 

She can get kinda psycho though, one time I poked her leg by accident, she reared up like she was going to bite, and I just froze, and then ten minutes later she calmed down, but it was freaky none the less.

6. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I'm more of a reptile person than an arthropod person. Spiders I'm getting use to a bit more, just don't like holding them :lol  I like to look at them move in their terrariums, climb it's walls, hunt, they're very interesting animals. Scorpions don't creep me out at all and if I could I'd definitely get one as a pet.

7. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Arthropods are one of the most highly evolved animalia kingdoms, they are immune to cancer, they outnumber ALMOST every other kingdom of animals, they are on every single continent besides antarctica, and the list goes on and on.

In my school I'm affectionately called "Spider-Boy"

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pics now! my gf hates and is terrified of spiders because i would love to have some :( 

she even gets freaked out with tarantulas and blackarachnia in beast mode!

9. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Thats not just female spiders, that all womens reaction to poking them in the leg. :lol 
    I do love the look of those big spiders, but like with snakes and what not, I can bring my self to feed them live animals. Yeah yeah I'm a big friggin puss when it comes to that. :p 

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you kids and your big words! time i was your age we just collected em in matchboxes and made em fight UFC style.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!!

11. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Actually me and my friends would do that to, just with wolfspiders and praying mantis, the wolfspider won most of the time.

but there was one time when the mantis cutoff the spiders head and ate it.

It was badass.

12. tide

tide NEON PRIDE

News Credits:
    i'm down with arthropods, but if i were to keep any as pets, it'd be insects and false scorpions instead of tarantulas. beetles, mantises, millipedes, vinegaroons, stuff like that.

13. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Finally, an informed person!

When I say arthropods I mean the whole evolutionary family, not just Insects etc.

And vinegaroons are badass.

14. tide

tide NEON PRIDE

News Credits:
    well since you seem to be informed, where might i start if i wanted to keep the stuff i listed as a pet? i've never seen pet shops selling anything besides tarantulas and scorpions.

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i am not terrified of spiders (l looooove anything that eats cockroaches, which i am terrified of) but i couldn't really keep one.

ever since i saw a documentary on the praying mantis and saw one catch and eat a hummingbird, then catch a small snake and eat it, i have tons upon tons of respect for that badass animal.
    they are scary to me- not in that cockroach way, but just from being so cold, alien in their behavior. of these animals here in this thread, the praying mantis is my favorite.

scorpions are wicked. i call them "tanks" of the critter world.
    again, like spiders i can't really keep em as a pet though, i wish i could keep them around the house to eat the bugs i don't like, lol.

16. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Well, I know of a pet store that sells vinegaroons, but thats it.

Sorry man. But I would also warn you that vinegaroons can be VERY aggressive, I wouldn't recommend handling them.