artfire problem here

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Malach Ra, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I sold an artfire for $1350 to ebay member trans_form. the artfire was sealed inside an acrylic afa case. the toy was unused mint and white with no yellowing. when I sold mine to him, trans_form currently had two artfires up for auction, one that was mib-stickers applied-and supposedly white, the other was mib unused-stickers unapplied and had serious yellowing. anyways I get a message from him today and note that the mib unused yellowed artfire has been taken off the auction block.

The supposedly yellowed artfire auction
    trans_form's message:
    Hi Damon, I have received your Artfire. The only regret is that the Artfire has quite serious yellowing. This is not as described as that in your auction (bone white). I would like to ask for compensation. I can also send the item back to you with a full refund from you. I will bear the shipping cost. Let me know your decision. Thanks. Eric
    - trans_form

trans_form's message:
    Hi Damon, after checking the item again, I have decided to get the full refund option. I will mail it back to you via EMS at my own expense once I receive your refund. Many thanks. Eric
    - trans_form

nemesis_maelstrom(me) message:
    no, my artfire did not have serious yellowing that i sent you. it was bone white. i saw the auction where you had a mib unused artfire with serious yellowing, i have to agree-it was yellowed. not like the artfire I sent you. I am not accepting a refund on this item. I think I am being scammed here and I will not recieve the artfire I sent you, i will recieve the yellowed one in your auction, plus I dont have a refund policy stated in my auction.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
  3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Sounds fishy to me!!!!

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Either he messed up and forgot where he got each one from, or he's trying to scam you.

5. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    i have asked him to send me a picture of all three artfires, the two that he had up for sale, and the one that I sold him. and let me compare them. if only then did I see think that the one that I sold him look yellowed, I asked him to send it back to me and if was untouched like i sent it to him, i would send him a full refund.

but I do smell a scam here, but I sold it to him for $1.00 and the shipping cost $1349. I think ebay will hammer me here on this. so i dont think I can report it.

6. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Tell him to go to hell, he's full of it.

7. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    this guy just filed a claim with paypal, now i got about 930 bucks just sitting in limbo.

8. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I lol'd at the $1349 shipping cost...that takes balls my friend.

9. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Is the archival case your Artfire was in sealed? From your description it looks that way. It's easy enough to see the toy inside the case; IMO if he's opened it to see if it's yellowed, he's a scammer.

11. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know what that means. Where did the $930 come from? And I don't think asking him to send you a shot of the three Artfire's is much proof. It only takes a light knowledge of Photoshop to duplicate the yellowed one convincingly. He also has some leverage on you for charging $1'300 shipping, which won't persuade eBay that you're honest. That's what you get for trying to avoid their final value fee. :rolleyes: 

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That was not smart at all. That will probably complicate your case greatly, and he probably knows it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  13. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Man that guy sucks! this is scam city, you dont need to be told that you screwed up on the shipping but this guy has seen an oppurtunity and hes going for it, paypal suck and even if you dont accept delivery he will get the money back as soon as he sends in his tracking slip

Good luck mate I feel bad for you

14. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    ebay has nothing to do with now. paypal only looks at what he spent on the auction as a whole. anyways he's not talking to me anymore. he went ahead a filed a claim, and now I have to take it from there. I agree, i shouldve listed the auction better with the actual price. the 930 dollars i had was in my paypal account as of this morning, now I have a negative 330 in my papypal because of this. man, i think I'm being scammed good here. I thought paypal usually finds for the seller no matter what-I know(I have been on the recieving end of that shit for awhile-the buyers end), but I have never been on this side of it-the sellers side. I have never had to be on the sellers side, cause all my auctions are legit. this sucks pretty damn bad right now. If he does send the toy back, who says he's going to send the one I sold him back to me.

15. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    In fact, who's to say he'll send you Artfire back at all? He can mail you a box full of dildos and still walk away as long as he provides PayPal with the tracking number.

And I didn't even know it was possible to have a negative total in your PayPal account. What happens in those situations? Will you get a disgruntled warning message, or will PayPal simply cut its loss and close your account?

16. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    paypal leave it in a negative balance until he gets paid more money and it gradually knocks off the debt, in cases where its over $1000 they can involve debt collection agencies.

trans_form wont get his full whack back only the $900+ paypal never cover anything themselves

17. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I feel bad for you dude as I was the the one that posted the page about this tool, I was in a issue were I purchased a toy unused in box no stickers applied, anyway I get the toy and it was broken with a sticker placed off the sheet to hide it? and the seller said he shipped it unstickered not repaired? Anyway after like 3 months paypal never returned my money and kept the money from the seller as well! So I think its in your best interest to call paypal and explain before shit gets out of hand! I say we all flood this guy with emails saying we know he is a scam artist and we will email all bidders on his auctions with liks to this page!

18. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    :sly2:  Somehow I don't think that will happen. It's not as if we have a personal vendetta against this guy. The incident will be forgotten as soon as the next one shows up. That's how forums work.

And you know, the final nail in the coffin about all this is that Malach Ra can't even leave negative feedback now that eBay has changed its policy. :redface2: 

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be so sure, Glitcher. The guy is apparently a member here, and people have long memories for scammers; especially over this kind of money.
    However, I agree with you about the feedback issue; eBay have NOT changed things for the better IMO.

20. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    actually, he just sent me a message with pics. it would seem that the artfire I sold him was somewhat more yellowed than the two he had for sale. i couldve sworn my artfire was white.

mine-the only other pic i have besides the auction:
    [​IMG]
    his pics-mine is the most yellowed one there it would seem:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

looks like I will be issueing a full refund. I honestly thought the one I sold him was whiter than that.