Fan Art: Art Question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by JimPrime, Jan 16, 2007.

1. JimPrime

JimPrime xJIMPRIMEx

Well i have some question that i think some of you guys can explain the answer to me, they're pretty simple however when bringing them on the paper is really complicated.

How do you decide the perspective stand and figure of the character you draw, and how do you bring the perspective on to the paper (ex. stick figure, boxes, etc.) ?

I would really like to know about everyone's idea and info on this question and it would really be helpful to me and maybe other young artist as well.

Thanks in advance

2. optimusprimus

optimusprimus Mastermind of Gundams

I generally try to figure out what kind of pose I want them in. Do I want them to seem confrontational, or do I want them reserved? Are they in pain, or are they about ready to jump right into a battle? What emotions do I want to get across? What action is going on around them? I usually work out these things first, and draw out a basic frame of the answer to these questions.

I then work out the perspective of what's around them scenery/background-wise after I've worked out the details on the mech/femme it/themself.

I hope this helped.