Art from the new "Transformers Cyberverse" cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by dCon, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Distant?
    It was almost literarly G1 in a different format.
    The main difference being that G1 had more than a handfull of characters and actually had interesting concepts.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    That it might be the most terrible exhuberance of boring, bad written, cheap and obvious geewun fanpandering we have seen to date.
    Seriously, opposition only makes me lose restraint.
    I have never found any redeeming quality in Animated, but I tried to be kind in my first post.
    I already plan on skipping this show, because at this point I really don't need yet another round of OP and Bee versus Starscream and Megatron, but I think our children as well as the franchise as a whole deserve better than more soulless 84 recycling.

3. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Well guess what? EVERY piece of the Transformers franchise is based off of G1. Every cartoon starts as "G1, but with these changes". Every toyline is "G1, but with this look change and these new characters." There is no avoiding it. DEAL.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I think your need to check out your eyes.

Because obviously i remember seeing how optimus wasn't a leader and just a rejected warrior, how prowl was actually a peaceful ninja, ratchet and old war veteran, and the decepticons to be strictly war weapons for destruction, just ast the moment a human actually used megatron's head for inversed engeenering so the humanity could progress, i also remember how megatron didn't even knew about prime until the ending, how ultra magnus died because of a spy's planning, all in G1.

Such a G1 fanservice series.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So.... I wonder... is this a new continuity family or is it considered G1? G1 has a lot of different versions using the same basic source material. Cartoon, Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW, JPN, etc.

Hopefully they treat this as a brand new family..

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Likely different but with G1 elements along with hopefully new elements and non G1 references. I'm also hoping that since they're going full G1 on this they'll use other aspects of G1 that haven't been used yet like for example have Grimlock and Shockwave be more like their comic personalities as opposed to the Sunbow characterizations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Well that's what I mean by: "G1 in a different format".
    But I said too much, dammit.
    I just didn't like the thing and I suspect I'm not gonna like Cyberverse, that's all.

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It's time Hasbro gives us Art of the Movies book.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PEOPLE: THAT IS SHADOW STRIKER. REMEMBER THE NYTF PANEL?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    With that logic, isn't every Transformers media out there just G1 in a different format?

The only semblance G1 had to Animated were some of the character designs (even they were fairly drastic) and core concepts such as Headmaster(s), Starscream's ghost, etc., otherwise, the execution was wildly different. It's more like G1 inspired than straight up G1 with a different look.

• Like Like x 3
  11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yea dude i was thinking the.same thing! Now from this thread i know its "Shadow Striker" & she's pretty f'n dope looking!

I can't say that much, mainly because the toys in this show don't hold up nearly as well, from the looks of the pictures, as the shows you mentioned toys (in hand it could be a whole awesome new ball game though) But I AM psyched for this cartoon! Especially after seeing the art :D 

Feck Yus! (F yes) lol

Yes as I mentioned, except Australia Toyfair, & no one mentioned this small of a image. It was in the corner and the picture, and conversation, was focused on other lines. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hated animated for the art style so I just couldnt get through it at all. However with that said my favorite part was looking for all the background cameos happening all the time. That was fun for me.

hope we never go back to animated type stuff again. This is pushing it a bit closer to that at the moment, hope it doesnt go that route .

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

We need a name for the people who do nothing but whine about "Geewun" as they have become more annoying than the actual geewunners at this point.

• Like Like x 9
  14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

GEETOO!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    amen to that

• Like Like x 3
  16. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm partial to "Geewhiners"

• Like Like x 9
  17. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

I rather have Animated's artstyle over the fugly Bayformers aesthetic. Even Pat Lee's artwork looks far better than anything the Movieverse shat out, and that isn't a compliment.

• Like Like x 2
  18. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I completely agree with you. BOTTOM OF THE BARREL for me was the bay stuff

• Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twats. ;) 

I kid. I kid. Sorta.

I get what you mean. I have loved this brand from literally the first TV ad for the first issue of the comic. G1 will always be the default because that's where the legacy began and that's where the money is. Hasbro has been making steady and constant money on licensing G1 and selling G1 inspired toys since Classics. It's not the main line again because they are fighting a current of fan apathy. It's the main line because they keep making money selling things based on G1. This is not just a blip on their financial radar. This is the biggest selling product now. Transformers is once again the top selling action figure line on planet Earth. They are not going to do an about face and switch to Armada toys again just because twenty people on a fan forum want them back. They are going to double down and make it the mainline for the kids stuff too. In three years, they will triple down and make damn sure that the movies are finally recognizable as G1, even if they add the more modern HD "busy" designs. You will be able to point to everyone and know who they are. You will see them acting like they did on the old cartoons. Not because John Warden hates you, but because it is where the money is. And we have not had the proper 1984 cast staring in a feature film. Ever. We had them all dying in the first twenty minutes of the 1986 movie. We had robots with their names and nothing else all being killed by Michael Bay. We haven't seen that proper 1984 cast in live action yet. If movies sell and G1 sells, no one at Hasbro is dumb enough to not want to do this.

That's not "Geewun". That's common sense.

That said....

I really only started to lose interest in the media with Armada. Even then, I followed the Armada comic every month and enjoyed it a lot more than the cartoon. The toys were a lot of fun.

Animated brought me back to the cartoon media because of the writing. Prime lost me again for the same reasons. Prime is actually where the toys began to lose their appeal for me. I didn't buy a single Prime or RiD2015 toy. Not one. Don't think I missed much, but I like Strongarm as a character. She's Windblade done right to me.

I have mostly skipped Generations too. There goes my Geewun cred. The lack of decent tie in media and new characters has been a turn off for me. I have a lot of the old toys and just don't feel a need to replace them. Not even with Masterpiece. I'd buy the heck out of larger Pretenders tho. Or more MicroMasters. Or a revival of Beast Wars, since I lost a lot of those over the years.

Classics had me for updates on the G1 cast when it started, but lost me with the Prime Trilogy. Maketoys has me for their Cross Dimensions updates of G1 Prime, Megatron and PMOP. Maybe Skyfire and Galvatron too if they ever get around to it.

There really haven't been a lot of actual new characters in the past decade that have made any impact. Name reuses for functionally different characters in the movies count as new characters to me, just like they did in Beast Wars. Outside of Barricade (who is more interested in theory than in the movies) and Hound (let's be honest, this is just John Goodman playing a gun loving version of Bulkhead) they haven't done much in five movies.

Bulkhead. Strongarm. Barricade. Animated Lockdown. I'd love to see them all in the main G1 fiction.

• Like Like x 5
  20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the beast era says hello

throw a second vote for Geewhiners

• Like Like x 2