Minor/Repaint: Art Feather Bumblebee mods

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OptimusTimelord, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Xanatos1986

Xanatos1986 Well-Known Member

I so cant wait to do this mod hopefully the master will work with me :D 

2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    awesome

3. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    agreed. If no perfect Bumblebee comes out, I'll definitely be in on buying a Shapeways add-on for Art Feather. Thanks for following up with everyone and discussing with Master Blaster about it! Will keep an eye out.

4. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :thumb 
    Cool! If it does make it to a Shapeways kit, I will have to find a way for folks to do it without cutting their AFBB, so this is a good sign.
    No worries, always happy to give guidance through PMs.
    Sure, we'll see what transpires. Wonder how long until we see what this supposed new Bumblebee is like...

5. Xanatos1986

i was trying to do research for it OTL but only found the igear mini worrier :/ but I love the AF mold even with out the mods but the mods... jeez depending IF we ever see a masterpiece this will probably still waving at my MP-10 lol all i need is styrene or plastic now then mine will be done.

6. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol  I don't know if that was an intentional typo dude, but the fan reaction to iGear Bumblebee's derp head is probably a mini worrier for them! :D 

7. Xanatos1986

:)  lol yeah VW just needs to let thinkgs go... it happened over 60 years ago... plus i mean didnt the have a kid dressed up as vader in a jetta or passat commercial? I mean I think star wars is more violent and way more war like than transformers... but oh well AF did a ok job, you just finished it :) 

8. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks, yeah fair play to Art Feather for using a pretty cool base figure and also a realistic VW alt mode. It's just a shame they combined the two in such a half-assed way!

I do suspect this figure will be the only real-life accurate Beetle Bumblebee we'll see; TT are unlikely to get the license anyway, but frankly I think they (and other 3rd parties) will favour the more G1 faithful chibi style vehicle mode.

Actually I'm surprised TT/Hasbro and/or VW didn't come down on Art Feather like a ton of bricks for multiple infringements... I wonder if the very fact that a Beetle robot (with a gun!) now exists and is out there, would have any influence on TT getting an official license from VW? Might even make VW's objections seem superfluous?

9. Xanatos1986

and think of the money..everyone wants a VW official bug, plus vw could make special addition yellow bugs. im surprised no one got sued as well LOL but he didnt use the VW logo, but he DID rip off show stills, and the name like for sure LOL

10. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

I really hope there is a Shapeways kit for this. I want this as much as the Hench/Brawn kit. I wish Art Feather would make Cliffjumper. Then there could be a Shapeways kit for him as well.

11. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

hah! classic... poor i-gear not not-bumblebee

12. Xanatos1986

ok so this is what I have done so far, im having trouble getting the head/chest piece to attach to the hinge set up, and advice please throw it at me lol
    [​IMG]

13. OptimusTimelord

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looking really good :thumb  Like I said in my message, for attaching just make sure you've got as much surface area as possible to glue under the neck plate; I bulked my styrene joint out at the top end and contoured it to fit into the shape under the neck part.

14. Xanatos1986

oh yeah I couldn't get styrene here so I managed ro ise plastic from a mint case like rhe lifesavers mints it was the perfect thickness lol