Art Asylum Star Trek Figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Tyjos, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well I'm not sure if there is a thread for these guys all ready but I decided to make a thread.

Got my Enterprise Broken Bow Complete set of figures in mail today, and I forgot how cool these guys look!

[​IMG]

Here they all are straight out of the Box, I got these guys for $10! [Free Shipping] and they all have ALL Their Accessories. I snagged them as soon as they were listed on ebay.

I really like Klaang, he's my favorite figure out of the whole set. Nice big Klingon with a cool looking Bat'leth.

[​IMG]

Here they are where they will be on display, I'll make sure to get the Away Team Figures next month, I've already managed to snag Hoshi Sato at an unbelievable price of $9.99 on ebay [first person to look at that listing too btw] so I'll get pictures made of her once I get that figure.

These figures I just love due to their awesome realistic detail, their weapons and acessories that come with them are great looking as well.

Anyone else collect these guys or any of the other Art Asylum Trek Series? I'm going to make sure I get me a Deanna Troi Figure that's the exclusive version of her in her purple uniform next month as well.

These guys just look awesome compared to the Playmates Trek figures of the 90's.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Congrats on the haul!

I've got a couple of the Next Gen and Wrath of Khan figs and to me the line is kind of hit-and-miss. The accessories are cool and the paint apps are great, but the face sculpts can be a little off sometimes and all the figures look super-tall, like each character's been put on the torture rack for too long. The weapons and such seem to out of proportion too, like the Phaser Rifle on my First Contact Picard is about half the size it should be and he can't even hold it right. I'd also watch out for QC issues. My Nemesis Data's head fell right off and my 1701 refit's display stand snapped in two just sitting on the shelf.

The WoK figures seem to be on the ball so far, though. They still have that 7 foot tall look, but the sculpts are near-flawless. The Regula-1 Kirk is a pretty amazing piece.

3. Tyjos

The Art Asylum designers have done a great job with these figures in my view, I mean they just look even cooler than the old ones.

I want to get some of those Wrath of Khan Series figures...every Trekkie's got to have a Khan in their collection!

I've been really lucky to get figures that don't have any issues with things breaking or falling off.

4. Tyjos

Got my first Away Team Enterprise Series Figure today in mail, Hoshi Sato.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I like that they have real rubber style hoses on the back and not the typical plastic style hoses you used to have with older figures that'd break easy.

She's a neat looking figure, I'll make sure I get the rest of that series.

[​IMG]

Here she is with my other Enterprise Figures.

5. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I have several of the Enterprise, Nemesis and WOK figures also. AA also makes damn fine electronic models. I present I have the NX01 and the Wrath of Khan Enterprise.

6. Tyjos

I want the NX-01....it's on my to get list for next year and the NCC-1701-E....though hard to decide on the regular version or the battle damaged version.