Art Asylum Enterprise ships - best places to buy?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Josh, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    kay

so ive been reeeeeeally hankering some star trek ships and the stuff Art Asylum has put out/are gonna put out look amazing

just wondering [since ive already scowered ebay] your thoughts and suggestions on places to get ahold of 'em [places where they be in stock anyway x__o]

[also. anybody whoknows where to find a decent priced Enterprise B toy will get a bag of cookies :3]

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I usually get my Art Asylum ships from my local comic store thru Diamond Distrubutors. With what he pays he's usually able to get me 15-20% off the list price. I know that BBTS had them in stock for a little under retail a while back, but haven't checked with them lately. I've also seen them in some TRU's, surprisingly.

As for the Enterprise B, sometimes the old Playmates ships pop up now and then at the local collectibles store. If I see one for less than $100 I'll let you know. ^_^

3. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Speaking of...

Does anyone know where to find an Enterprise A (movie era pre letter classification or A will do.) that isn't battle damaged like the Art Asylum one, and isn't a model?

I love the TMP, II, V, VI Enterprise and have never been able to find a toy of it. Did Art Asylum make one without the battle damage?

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    First and best place to start would be www.starshipmodeler.com, my other home. If you can't find any of these ships on their B/s/t boards, I'd be amazed.

Secondly, just FYI - there are like 4 versions of the Enterprise-B that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. The AMT/ERTL model kit
    2. The Playmates toy
    3. The Micro Machine
    4. The Kabaya (name? sp?) mini-collectors thingie, akin to the WSTs

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I could have SWORN Art Asylum did one recently without battle damage. There's also a playmates movie Enterprise out there floating around, I could swear it.

If that fails, there's a snap-together, pre-painted, SUPERBLY detailed BanDai Enterprise-A that looks simply PHENOMENAL when assembled. I haven't picked one up yet, but all the galleries I've seen of it are amazing. Here's an ebay link for it:DROOOOL

6. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Thanks!

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah, theres an AA Enterprise A without battle damage. though the ones on ebay run for some crazy prices

$150+ and what not

cheers for the help guys!

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

9. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    o_O  Dammit. I KNEW I shouldn't have sold mine. :( 

I gotta stop selling Star Trek stuff. A couple of years ago I sold my Playmates Defiant for $40. Now I could've retired on it.