ARRRRRGH! Computer won't play nice!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, Jun 28, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have my PC set up without speakers. i have an awesome pair of headphones so i can get loud and not bother neighbors or something. But since the summer started, i have been spending time with the neices and well, instead of Hannah Montana and the Disney factory of bubblegum TV, i try to show them better stuff.

like Monty Python, old comedy routines, introduce them to bands that don't have Mouse eared sponsors.

anyway, i setup a pair of speakers and now my audio card has vanished. The machine says that no audio device installed.
    I have a Realtek HD audio card that came with my HP vista setup. have tried going into the bios, deleted and reinstalled the drivers, everything. all this from just plugging in a pair of speakers.

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Is it gone from Device Manager or just Audio Settings?
    Does it come back if you plug the headphones back in?

Whoever designed the software for those chips needs shooting, I had no end of agro with it at work a couple of weeks ago. No bloody wonder that I mostly see SoundMax thesedays instead.

3. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Ugh, I had the same problem with my new computer. It happened when I had to hard boot it the first time. I spent hours trying to fix it. Then is started working again. Then it froze up a few weeks later and the same thing happened. I finally just broke down and bought a sound card and haven't had any problems yet.