Arrival Via Rescue Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Decay_is_awesome, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Now we have had a character from Prime show up in Rescue Bots I am wondering how people would feel if that show was used to introduce a new character in Prime.

I dont mean one of the mains migrating from there, but for example if they did an episode with Ironhide crash landing on Griffin Rock during a crisis and helping out only to have Prime show up at the end to take him back to the Autobot base for repairs and to join in the fight against the a 'larger threat'. Then the next ep on Prime would start with chatter at the base about a new Autobot that crash landed and needs Ratchet to repair him without going into too much detail.

Its not something I hope happens or anything but I think its a neat idea that could help tie the shows together and establish a new character without using an entire episode of Prime on it.

2. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    Well with this idea, they can save a lot of money, considering the animation of RB costs lesser than Prime. But that would mean the waste of a pretty good episode for Prime.

3. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

They would still be showing up in Prime, they would just have an episode in Rescue Bots to start with. The next episode would be their introductory Prime episode with a vague reference to their adventures in rescue bots.

4. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

I dont think there's a true chronology tie between the series. Yes they are both aligned, but they still never reference events from the other show on either show. Even with the character crossover. If there was a direct tie like you suggest, Ironhide (or whomever) would then arrive at the Prime base and wonder why they arent making use of personal helicopter backpacks, mechanical dinosaur butlers, and weather dominating machines. Rescuebots and Prime are disconnected just like Exodus, FoC, etc.

5. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

I dont think that RB and Prime are set in the same universe, more likely they have used BB's prime design simply because thats how most people recognise him. I mean Optimus looks nothing like his prime version.

6. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    But they share the same writers, and the one of the writers has said they are in the same universe.

7. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    it is the same universe. everything that happens in rescue bots is canon in prime

8. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

yes, but even with it being canon, I don't see a crossover happening. it's a great idea, but it would be surprising to see it.

9. Leonis Prime

Well I haven't seen any hint of them or mention in prime so far.

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    ...So bumblebee DOES have a mouth.

[​IMG]

11. soundwave142

News Credits:
    yup , I think it's that slit above his chin. he just doesn't use it in prime Lol.

Optimus pretty much acknowledges ratchet during rescue bots and the rescue bots say team prime. I thought it was pretty obvious seeing as bumblebee uses the same exact beeps and was pretty much his prime self

12. Darkscream

Apparently Optimus has a nose also.

Parallel universe's. Just like the multiple G1 chronologies. Or Armada chronologies. In the aligned bible, at human present time, Optimus Prime and Team are on Earth fighting the Decepticons. However much like Exodus, FoC, and other aligned stories, the exact events dont necessarily cross over, and can at times be blatantly in conflict.

Hell on February 18, 2012, Optimus was giving the Rescuebots their mission in Griffon Rock, meanwhile he was actually on the Decepticon Warship believing he was a Decepticon named Orion Pax.

13. soundwave142

News Credits:
    there's the fact that the producer said that they were in the same exact universe. As long as they don't contradict this fact it's the same exact universe, alternate universe's get a lil confusing when shows that feature one of two same character who act, sound and look ( similar for optimus) and say they are alternate . But the timeline thing is veeeeeery likely. crossover technically kinda happens everytime optimus appears but especially when Bee appeared

14. Darkscream

You ignored the whole "Where Optimus was when Rescuebots began" conflict of my post.

And the books and games have events which blatantly conflict with TF: Prime. Yet the producers say those are in the same universe as well. By that they just mean they are "Aligned Continuity". But there's still a great amount of evidence that events in each separate story do not impact the other stories. I didnt mean a literal "parallel universe" but just a disassociated chronology.

15. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I'd like to think the "Christmas in July" episode of Rescue Bots took place during the Unicron Story Arc at the end of Transformers Prime Season 1. With all the weather acting screwy, Its no wonder no one batted an eye when Griffin Rock got a Snowstorm in the middle of July. Though Griffin Rock (at least from the description given on the TFwiki) seems like the type of place where you could open up a Cross-dimensional Transwarp Vortex in the parking lot of the local Supermarket and no one would care.
    There's your connection (Albeit fanmade)

16. soundwave142

News Credits:
    ( Lol how'd you no I didn't read the whole post :eek:  ) i'd still prefer another prime character to enter rescue bots to make it a total crossover , get more feels then

17. Leonis Prime

So having shows that exist in in different realities would be confusing for kids, well how did we ever survive when G1 and Beast wars exisited in a different reality to the Unicron Trilogy (A, E and C) and how Animated was a diffierent reality to Prime.

This whole argument about different shows about the same characters is just stupid. Its this kind of thinking that has kept characters like Batman from getting appearences in shows like Smallville due to WB thinking that people would have a hard time making out whether this Batman is different from Nolan's Batman.

WTF!

Are these guys serious. Do the think that we are all idiots?

18. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I was thinking that as well.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    We need Ratchet and Arcee to guest star.

20. Leonis Prime

But even if Arcee and Ratchet appear (with voice actors too) they will not be Prime characters.
    And as I said it is not related to Prime, that is like saying that Marvel super hero squad is related to Avengers: Earths mightiest heroes.

The show is meant to educate children on hazards and safety, so (i am saying hypothetically) if the show was lnked (which it isnt) then why dont they have Miko appear and teach the little brat on why it is not a good idea to follow the autobots into a combat situation.