Army of Two

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Trailbreaker77, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have seen several copies of this game (Brand New:Sealed) selling for around $30 dollars on e-bay here the last couple of days. My question is does any have this? Is it a bad game? Why is it only selling for around half price? It's not that old of a game. Anyone's review/opinion of the game would be great. Oh I am looking at the PS3 version I don't think that the console versions are any different.:thumb 

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I heard it's pretty damn fun, and Dagger's Rage reviewed it on these boards.

3. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you get it on PS3 or 360? I've been wanting to buy it but too many games have come out, but when I do I want to play it with someone online. I know Dagger's been wanting to play it online, so maybe I can rent it for a few days.

5. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PS3 don't have a 360 got a Wii and PSP instead of a 360. Don't play much on the PSP other than Patapon and Mario Galaxy on the Wii guess I should have gotten a 360. Thinking about God of War and FF7 for the PSP.

6. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    i hear its short.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's ok, God War and Crisis Core are definitely a reason to own that system, Crisis Core being FTMFW.

I'll try to rent Army on PS3 when I get paid. Do I have you as a friend on PS3 Trail? Mine name tag on there is Sindred

8. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

The game is pretty short, but then again, it's a shooter, I'd rather say it's a "shooter length game".

Is the game easy? Better not be! :)  You can adjust the game's difficulty (easy, medium, hard basically) so that you the enemies arnt so tough and that you'll be able to withstand a huge amount of punishment. However, this is a game where standing out of cover will get you killed, so... duck!

Technically I'd rate the game a 7/10 but golly do I have so much fun with that game.

9. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK Windcharger will add you tonight to my PSN friends list the game is coming from California so it will be a week before I get it. That is if it is sent out today.

DaggerRage I guess I asked the wrong question. Is it hard to control my wife does not play that often but lately I have had to kick her off Burnout Paradise so I could finish Assassins Creed. While she can play games like Burnout and Ratchet & Clank. Are the controls to advanced like ummmmmmmm i guess Assassins Creed? Where the shoulder buttons have to be held to preform different actions with the same buttons. Where R & C has a shoot button, jump button, etc...

10. DaggersRage

The controls are mostly similar to Gears of War or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

The three most confusing parts of the game are the aggro system, the AUTOMATIC cover system (its really cool but takes a little getting use to as you have to hit NO BUTTONS! :D ), and your dude's gun posistion is semi-realative to the crosshair.

When I was playing with my friend, he would get close to an enemy, but he spin around and back off. Well, his crosshair is on the bad guy, and he's shooting, but not hitting. That's because he's running around like a dumbass, and his character is spinning, which then means that the gun on your character isnt even pointing at the guy! I know that may sound a little inconvient but if my friend actually watched what his character was doing be could of figured it out.

EDIT: Sorry I should explain the controls a little more.

Its mostly your standard shooter style controls. Left stick is move, right stick is "look". Right triggers (possibly R2?) shoots and left trigger zooms in/aim (very useful, think of it as looking down your gun's sights). You can click on the left stick to crouch... I forgot what the hell the happens when you press of the right stick. Then you got a button for sliding/rolling/hurdleing over objects, a button to reload, an "action" button. I don't like how you switchs weapons in that game. You need to hold down the left bumber (Possibly L1?) to open your little weapon menu and use the D-Pad to select the particular weapon. It's easy to do, but not convient when I want to switch to using my shotgun thats attached to my assault rifle.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I want to pick up this game. Storywise is it any good?

(I the kind of gamer who buys games for their story and not for the multiplayer)

12. DaggersRage

How am I suppose to judge what a good story is?

Is like some epic story on a huge scale of epicness? No. Thats probably Lord of the Rings.

It's like watching a cop buddy action movie except that they're mercenaries who get into trouble and have to go against the "man". Salem and Rios snap at each other and usually have some sarcastic comment against each other that's humorous.

Rios: There's the enemy base! (Gun fire occurs)

Salem: What gave you that idea, the bunker, all the guards, the towers or are you just a FUCKEN PSYCHIC!?

Rios: They call me Miss Cleo!

EDIT: Okay, my 1st comment sounded a little imposing, but I have a hard time judging a story. I can go with my gut feelings but I dont want to base my critques on feelings.

13. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks DR I will have her give it a try doubt she will get into it. Guess I will have to find some PSN friends to try it out with.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah im diggin this game

i ended up buying it like a week or two ago

played through most of it with my cousin

im diggin it

i love the co-opness

15. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got the mail and Army of Two was waiting for me. I will boot it up tonight and give it a try. Hoping for the best!