Army Builders

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Sep 6, 2012.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What happens to the collections of army builders from past lines? I hardly ever see any collections Of Beast Machines Vehicons, Energon Omnicons and Terrorcons any more. Did everyone just up and sell them after the "new" wore off? Searching eBay I rarely see any auctions for Tank Drones either unless they are the Universe 1.0 repaint so I'm not sure. The Omnicons and Terrorcons are really cheap so I'd think there would be more collection pics of those.

Given that, should we expect Classics Junkions, Sweeps and Prime Vehicons to flood the market in a few years once the movie comes out and Prime is a long dead line?

2. soundwave144

soundwave144 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its prolly cuz hasbro has been shorting the cases of the junkions and then vehicons, and I don't remember seeing very many energon drones in my area when they were sold. Plus we have them not making jet vehicons available by retail...makes me angry. So no, I think that the clone/drone armies will only be available as they already are...internet orders only. And probably scarce at that.

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    A lot of collectors hang on to their stuff for a long while, so it's not just because a show is done, they start dumping their collections. Classics has been an ongoing line since 2007 so no, plus it's the mst nostalgic for people who loved G1, so yeah I doubt people will be dumping Junkions and Sweeps anytime soon, Prime would be a more likely candidate, but not a sure thing.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What happens to collections of army built figures? I would think maybe collectors keep them ...

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I've still got my Terrorcons and BM Vehicons. They're just not on the shelves at the moment. (Though I did have the Terrorcons and the Energon Decepticons on display not that long ago; they were up in Feb-April)

6. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    This.

Not everyone on here shells out big bucks for a bunch of figures and then sells them a week later.

I know with my collection when I get something new, it rarely ever leaves.

7. slugslinger2004

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's good to know. When I first joined the boards and in the few years after, it was really cool to see each line's Megatron commanding an army of troops. It would be a shame to see all those collections of cool toys discarded just because the shows aren't on air anymore.

8. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    ive only troop builded the junkions. however i am next planning on the omnicons, and when you troop build its for the display. so when showcased you need them all. and energon isnt that old that people are going to be getting rid of them anytime soon. for for the BM drones, near as i can tell, not a very good line and wasnt show accurate. maybe they arent on ebay because people didnt want them so who ever has them has them and who ever doesnt ... doesnt.

9. slugslinger2004

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Cycle and Tank drones were really accurate. They came out near the tail end of the line and were pretty well received. The gripe people had with the tank drone was size (Basic instead of Mega). The aero-drones weren't accurate at all, but the mold was really popular at the time.

10. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I feel army builders are generally collectors, and won't sell them unless they have to.

I've got several squads of TFs, nothing as huge as my Star Wars Clone Army though.

Ironically, my first TF army is still the biggest and still not completed.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I still have my small army of BM Tankor drones :) 

12. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I've got a bunch of purple CHMS Air Warriors. I'm starting to army build purple Blast-off now. I just wish I had some FOC Autobot generics. I'm thinking about getting some Sideswipes, putting new heads on and removing the white stripes.

13. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    This. As the line gets older an the focus shifts, the army slowly gets sold away. I don't sell them all though. An yes, my GAR is the biggest example of my OCD. Over 500 clones, in all different colors.