3D Artwork: Arms Racer upgrades for Prime Wheeljack

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Hyre, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Currently only have the Wrecklights(Trying to come up with a better name for them), and they're not quite finished, still need to figure out the domes for the headlights themselves. They're designed to fit under the front of the car, and if I can get Shapeways to accept a Google Sketchup of them, I'll be testing the model out in the upcoming weeks. The full list of upgrade parts I'll be designing are:

Wrecklights: 90% done. Need to test model and add lights
    Spoiler Shield: 45% done. Need to make a digital model, figure out a crest pattern, and test.
    Skirt lances: 15% done. Concept only.
    Hip pouches: 10% done. Concept only.
    Big Boomer: 5% done. Functions and general shape has been decided, working on transformation for storage.

I'm posting these as a request for any bored artists to graffiti the heck out of the design, I'd love to see some interesting paint jobs. Any feedback or advice is highly welcomed, and while I'm pretty sure this is the right section, mods feel free to move the thread if necessary. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

I dig it! That gun is pretty boss.

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Agreed, it's pretty good. I just don't see any slot to fit it onto Wheeljack...?

4. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's sized so that when collapsed, it fits under the front where the gaps for his leg transformation are. I may have to round the corners a little, but the idea is for it to slip onto that peg that the swords clip onto for 'attack mode'

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Mmm, i figured as much, i just didn't see a slot for it so i got a bit confused. So...everything else will store in vehicle mode as well?

6. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Exactly. The shield will become the spoiler over that tiny one, the lances(which can also make the shield bigger and another feature I'm working on) will become the skirt under the front bumper, and the big boomer...I'm working on it, but I want to fit it in that gap in the back bumper. Also, edited the design, forgot to put in space for a ridge. Helped fill in some of the white space that's bothering me, so that's alright though.

7. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your model has some back faces showing on it - the blue coloured ones - I don't know if that matters to shapeways but its always a good idea to flip them over.

8. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Eesh, so that's why they were that shade. I was thinking that was just a weird lighting thing. Thanks for telling me about it, I also found out that I'd somehow erased a plane on the handle grip, which would have been awkward to say the least. Regardless, it's all forward faces now, so that should be good. No other changes though, and I'm going to wait until after Finals to get to work on the next part of this little project, the spoiler shield.

9. Gammagoon494

Gammagoon494 GammaGoon494

I dont understand what the Hip pouches and Big boomer they serve as in Vehicle and robot mode?

10. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hip pouches will be attached to the back end of the vehicle similar to the boxy parts right between the spoiler and the wheel here
    Image:WheeljackAnimated-carmodel.jpg - Transformers Wiki
    Big Boomer I'm trying to get to be the license plate area, but that may change depending on how it comes out, I'm still trying to figure out the design.

11. Gammagoon494

Gammagoon494 GammaGoon494

ohhhh!!! Awesome!!!!