Arms Micron Arcee and Bulkhead in-hand, unstickered pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Valkysas, May 25, 2012.

1. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 COME TO THE SABBATH

Don't forget she doesn't have that annoying ass windshield and handle bars sticking out behind her head.

2. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FE Arcee face is not that creepy/ugly as well except that it is bigger in size compare to the RID version

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Nah, it's creepy and ugly. it doesnt resemble the show face at all.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I only have problems with painting windows if they rub with the Transformation like RID Optimus' side windows for example.
    I don't anticipate any issues with Knockout. I have found that painting something like P-Rid Optimus' or Bumblebee's rims sometimes needs repainting from general play.

I'd much rather have the wheels painted professionally anyone with two arms and two eyes and more than 2 brain cells can paint a flat surface with a defined border in black paint and not have it look horrible.
    Painted windows factory or not will always be more durable that stickers however.

When I buy Terrorcon Cliffjumper I'll not use the stickers I'll just tint the windows slightly darker than the purple body using dark blue or black smoke paint i'm sure that will look better than stickers. Takara "want" you to customise them I just suggest and personally prefer that things like takara's Bulkhead's windows and headlamps or Cliffjumpers toes or Optimus's feet would be much better painted at home than stickered up.

A little paint helps a lot though even on the Hasbro ones. I'm not saying painting is always super easy sometimes it's hard to match the colour or texture of the paint. and some surface don't take paint to well or are unpainted as they may rub during transformation. But looking at Arcee's stickers the are mostly block colours so should be easy enough to paint instead.
    http://blog-imgs-44.fc2.com/h/i/g/higekumatoytoy/20120526004920340.jpg

Personally I prefer white back logos or clear back ones so I'm not sure i'd want silver back logos on the toys anyway they are terribly G1ish and very old fashioned. With the Microns I would likely try to buy a repaint whereever possible and swap some parts to make them more colourful.

Looking at Bulkhead's Stickers there's still some I'd prefer to paint and some I think might be better used with stickers (if you want too) but as I'm used to almost no one having logos on them now I don't miss them.
    I don't see this as a problem I see it as an opportunity :
    http://blog-imgs-44.fc2.com/h/i/g/higekumatoytoy/201205260023458c6.jpg
    http://blog-imgs-44.fc2.com/h/i/g/higekumatoytoy/20120526002314b73.jpg

For the Micron stickers I'd not use them as they are a bit fussy - I'd likely just use a lime green block colour paint or some grey or wait and see if they repaint it then swap parts (so long as the repaint isn't pink).

5. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Would it be possible for someone to buy AM Bulkhead... then take his wheels off and put them on PRID Bulkhead? I'm thinking of doing this... I don't want to paint. And then... but I might wait for repro to do stickers for PRID Bulk. But at the same time I doubt they'd make rims... So.. if I want an awesome PRID Bulk could I take the wheels off AM Bulk and swap them? I realise this will REALLY make AM Bulk look even worse... but.. what ya going to do...

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    this. deformed creepy face is deformed.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Or you could spend about 5 dollars on some paint and a brush and do it yourself, saving a ton of money.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    this. always remember that a silver sharpie is your friend in these situations. :D 

9. Mewtwo

Guess you just don't like reading all of what I say. In every topic when you reply to me you seem to not read fully.

I don't care about cost. I care about not having to paint and have it look like crap. I said I didn't want to paint in my post. I don't own professional Spray paint gun and can't apply apps like they can in toy factories. So it would never look the same.

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    eh I'm just happy with my crappy paint skills ... :lol 

11. Mewtwo

Yeah but if I asked that and said I wanted it to be official... then why does someone have to come in and say "Or you could paint it and save yourself money" I mean really... I JUST covered that. Said I didn't want to paint. Why state that then? I just don't get it. He has replied to me in a few topics and seems to not read what I'm actually saying before making a reply. I dunno...

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    dude, take a chill pill. But in all honestly not sure if PRID Bulkhead's wheels can even fit on FE Bulkhead's tire ports.

13. Mewtwo

No I wont take a chill pill. Thanks for making me realise to add you to the ignore filter. Since apparently if i get annoyed at people not even reading what I say then offering me a suggestion that I JUST said I didn't want to do. So whatever.

I wasn't talking about FE Bulkhead. So it seems you are not reading either. I said on PRID Bulkhead. I said AM Bulkhead on PRID Bulkhead.

14. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    @Valkysas: think I'm gonna cancel my AM bulkhead and AM Arcee orders...

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    this. to each his own right?

16. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still can't unsee those nipples.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TakaraTomy can paint the nipple to blue instead of pink,what the......

19. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    ugh.. caved in and bought AM-11 Arcee after all. :lol