Armoured Core : For Answer

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Scourge_151, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone else here pick it up?

I've been buying armoured core games sine the first one they had on the PS2, and then every one since, and I can safely say this is the first one where the controls really are second nature after a few plays.
    This makes the game........wait for it........actually FUN.

Action moves at a much nicer pace, your mech handles and manoeuvres well, weapon management is a lot simpler, and dare I mention the GIANT battle platforms you have to deal with. These look at least as big as Tidal Wave did in the PS2 Armada game, but the difference is here you can boost into the air and fly around them while figuring out how to take it down
    and dodge the missiles and shots firing out of it :) 

Difficulty curve isn't as harsh as many a previous AC game either, only the last few missions are really tricky, and this is solved with an ever increasing array of heavy weapons!

The visuals are beautiful too.

Great game for mecha fans, and a pretty decent game for anyone, I think.

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

A friend of mine was raving crazy for AC:For Answer as well. Armored Core is kinda cool. I like to build the mechs and stuff but I just dont find much of the missions all that cool. I think I read somwhere that the game also has co-op?

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

It does, I've yet to try it out though. The missions in AC:FA are a lot more action oriented than previous games, a lot less mazes and such.