Heavy/Scratch: Armorhide's Trailer (continued)...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Methusalen, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I was looking around at my local Target, where they were rearranging the toy area; making a big mess of the Transformers section... I wandered over to the Hot Wheels, where I've been keeping an eye out for a new "Truckin' Transporters" trailer to appear to replace my horrible, failed, previous attempt at making a custom trailer for (Cybertron/Movie) Armorhide... Now, I plan on using this trailer for CYBERTRON ARMORHIDE, but also plan on getting another one soon for MOVIE Armorhide...

It's begging to be used to give Movie Armorhide his own trailer, and I'm thinking "Sector Seven Mobile Command Center"!!! This one's got a "Alien Artifact Recon Unit" sticker plastered on the interior & exterior, and a green car of some sort. -I should note that the helipad is still in the interior, so I don't know why the change this time around...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^With the original truck next to Armorhide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I'll probably pick up another one for my movie figure, but I plan on painting this thing back up with my Hammered Silver Krylon Fusion, and paint some interior details... And be done with it this time!

Attached Files:

2. Methusalen

News Credits:
    Quick mock-up of the Reprolabels I've already had from my previous attempt... I think it looks pretty darned good on a black trailer & I might consider keeping it black. -It all will end up depending on if I get another trailer for Movie Armorhide, where a black trailer makes sense (Sector Seven's "Mobile Command Center", eh?)

Scissors & tape are my friend today...
    NOTE: I plan on using these stickers for whichever trailer I end up using for CYBERTRON ARMORHIDE, since the color scheme was MADE for that figure
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^W/ flash to show reflective detail...
    [​IMG]
    ^ This last one shows the 4 'computer screens' all on the sticker sheet they came on, and if I keep the trailer black for Cybertron Armorhide (who is unfortunately being played here by Movie Armorhide, since the other one's packed away for the holidays), I may consider painting that 'wall' silver, to match some details I plan to paint on the helipad...

3. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

dude i love the trailer! fits a like a glove.
    too bad we don't have target around here. :( 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    please paint it silver! *L* the colors are clashing.

5. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    SICKNESS! I need that trailer :( 

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Damn. I guess great minds REALLY do think alike as I bought the SAME Hot Wheels set to go with the SAME figure for a mixed Hot Wheels/Transformers custom. IF I get a space to do it, I plan on customizing the trailer a bit and see about getting Yamaha racing stickers to go with some Hot Wheels 1:64 Go Karts as Armorhide is about 1:64 himself.

Nice work so far, but either fix the wheels on the trailer, or repaint the rest of it if you are going to use Movie Armorhide.

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Wow. That's sexy.

8. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Yay you found one. I wish you much better luck this time than what happened previously...

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm glad to see that you worked through your discouragement and you're still making customs :thumb  Keep up the good work buddy! :) 

10. Methusalen

News Credits:
    REDLINE:Alright, I'll paint the trailer with the same Krylon Fusion "Hammered Silver" paint I used on my previous attempt for it's use with Cyb. Armorhide... (If/when I pick up a second trailer, I'll be leaving it black).

TUNDRA:Of course, I plan on painting the gold rims another color, but have no way to swap them out with another set of wheels...

SuperSquad7 & Wingsbr: My "Kitty Prime" is still in the works, he's just waiting on paint & the Reprolabels from Dec0y... I hadn't given up hope of getting another trailer for Armorhide, and since the last one was coming along so well... Well, here's to my second attempt!

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hooray for your second attempt! :thumb 

. . . and btw: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1802451&postcount=1

:wink: 

12. Methusalen

News Credits:

LOL... sorry about that...
    *On a second note, I've picked up another trailer specifically for Movie Armorhide. I'm planning on keeping it solid black, maybe add some Sector 7 details to compliment Armorhide & the "Mobile Command Center".
    [​IMG]

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hehe, it's all good. You wouldn't be the first and probably won't be the last. When one of you guys meets ol' supersquads, send him my way. :lol 

That's a cool idea. "Make it so!"

Keep rockin' man!

:thumb