Armored Troop Votom 1/12 Scopedog

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Liokaiser, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence on getting one. Should I? What do you guys think of this piece?

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it TakaraTomy or the Yamato one? I can't remember the scale...the TakaraTomy looks good, comes with a pilot...ask SydneyY...he will be glad to be of help! But the price is a KILLER (for me) though! :D 

I have the Yamato one...and the price is a killer also. Its a sturdy toy especially if you get the "red shoulder" version 2 but the pilot is sold separately. Version one had loose joints but "translucent" nail polish can solve the problem...I THINK! :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Yamato Dogs are nice but the problem is that they're way too big and bulky to handle IMO.

If given the choice, I would choose the TakaraTomy one...but of course, now I'm focusing on the Bandai model kit...easy to assemble with no need for glue nor paint.

Check the thread below for more Votoms goodness...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115582

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Thanks for the link. I was looking at the Yamato one.

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Not a problem. The thing about the Yamato is that it was reaction to it is kinda varied. Some like it, some don't. Oh yeah, it doesn't have any diecast.

5. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I'd say get the Yamato. It's the biggest Scopedog around, it's well articulated, and even if you get a ver. 1.0 it really doesn't have any problems (the joints really aren't loose, although they are allegedly tighter on the 2.0). I also like that it has virtually zero paint, it just makes it less likely to be scratched up. But, your mileage may vary. I just love the thing, and the Chirico figure that they sell separately is pretty good as well, although I don't know how available that is anymore.

6. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both. I have the Yamato one which is 1/12 scale I think. The Chirico pilot figure is pretty expensive but my friends have put Snake eyes in the pilot seat and it doesn't look that bad. If you get the first one that was released or even the purple one you can get them cheap because Yamato USA released them. I'm not sure about the later ones.

The Takara one is microman scale so 1/18. A Chirico figure comes with it but I think it's different than the one that was sold stand alone.

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Emperor, have you checked out Bandai's 1/20 kit? Its pretty impressive IMO.

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yamato Chrico looks very nice indeed. I don't like the face much, though...too fine for Chirico. If they do Ypsilon that way I think it will be cool. Not sure about Fyana, she'll be probably too much like as seen in later OVA series, but whatever they do it'll be better than that Microlady I ended up with :lol 

Microman Chrico/Ypsilon which come with 1/18 AT are basically the same as carded ones. Carded ones come with more accessories and my DMZ Ypsilon came with nothing (not even a gun!) so I'll have to get a carded one eventually.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dude, can you post side-by-side pictures of all 3 micromen figures? By the way, love your signature! Ypisolon "peeking" at Chrico and Fyana looks so cheeky! :D 

10. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thanks! When I first watched the show I thought Ypsilon was pathetic when it came to Fyana :lol  Now I watched an OVA so I sort of understand. Plus I am older by a cople of decades and I know sometimes you just can't help yourself :lol 

Anyway, I'll take a pic tomorrow :) 

edit, wow 3000th post! *bows*

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    When you say that I "can't help" myself...are you saying that Ypsilon REALLY did PEEP at the couple like in your signature?! I'm so tickled (find it amusing) by your signature and if the scene really happened, I really have to get my hands on that DVD! :D 

12. SydneyY

News Credits:
    No, no :lol  (It'd have been funny, though) I mean, I can understand that one sometimes just can't give someone up even though it's obvious that she's not interested...to think of that, that sort of days are also well behind me. Damn I feel old :lol 

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I see, I see. Man, looks like I REALLY have to watch the VOTOMS show but the DVD seller hasn't gotten back to me at all! :(