Minor/Repaint: Armored DOTM Roadbuster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mr. Chaos, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Having Topspin and knowing that Leadfoot will be armored as well, I decided to do something to make Roadbuster fit in with his brothers.

First, I removed the sidepanel plugs to allow Roadbuster to have his weapon plug into his side in vehicle mode (One is from Roadbuster, the other is a repainted one from Thundercracker).

Next, I repainted Topspin's mechtech weapon to fit into Roadbuster's color scheme (the color is actually alot closer than it looks in the photos...for some reason the light from the camera flash makes the coloring appear brighter).

That was all well and good, but he still needed something, so I busted out my sculpty clay and began crafting. I made first the tri-gun on the front, making it alot shorter than the HA version, as not to interfere with robot mode. Next, I sculpted his engine block, based on the engine from the movie version. Finally, I made the booster rocket engine for the back. All of these were attached to the vehicle to complete Roadbuster.

I did not photograph is bot mode, as it appears the same as before, with no changes (all the items are visible only from the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Hm... not bad, although the green looks a little off.

3. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 INERTIA DRIFT TRIGGERED

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with Thunder. Not Matching, yet interesting execution

4. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    As I said in the comments above, the color does match in person. But for some reason, the paint I used reflects light weird, causing it to appear a different shade when the flash goes off.