Minor/Repaint: Armor Prime WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ravenxl7, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey. I got inspired when I saw the first Armorhide custom trailer, to do something similar, but still make it my own. I decided to make him a Prime. So I've took him a part, took out the missile battery, and painted him up. I've also started painting his trailer. I've got a couple more coats of paint to put on it, but it's going smoothley so far. I'm going to get two LOC Autobot Whirls when the come out. One to put in the trailer, and one to use the legs for a kickstand for the trailer when it's not being hauled around. Thanks goes out to Octane for the trailer, and to Repro Labels for the free stickers for the trailer. I'll add more photos as I get more done on him, but here is what's finished so far. Hope you all like it. Peace out.

Ground Zero-
    [​IMG]

Armor Prime-
    [​IMG]

Trailer-
    [​IMG]

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok. The silver paint is officially finished, and I've just finished up touching up the black. I've also put Armorhide back together and added some paint to his gun. I hope to here some comments, or something, from you guys soon. Here's a new pic. Thanks for looking. Peace out.

Helicopter Pad-
    [​IMG]

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've finished up the paint on the heli-pad, and the paint on the gun. I'm going to let it cure over night before applying the stickers. I still need to shave down the trailer hitch and paint it, then it's on to the matrix and the kickstand. Comments and criticisms are welcome and apreciated. This is my first kitbash, and some kind words would be nice. Thanks for looking. Peace out.

All together-
    [​IMG]

4. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

wow thats neat....... only thing i can say is ya shoulda masked the heli pad

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I see what you mean, but it not only looks better in person, but I was also going for a roughed up old painted metal look to it. I'm not going for perfection here, so It's perfect for me. Thanks for the comments. Peace out.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Seriousley, nobody else has anything to say?

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man , your work looks nice, especially for your first custom! I hope this project encourages you to do more!

Also, if you're going for a "roughed up metal look." I'd suggest doing some weathering. Here is an example of weathering that I've done for a project of my own. If you're wondering about the process, just do a Google search on "weathing modeling" as your search. I hope that helps! Keep up the good work!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments. I'm not exactly sure what I meant when I said that, but what I've got works for me. It's going to be a while before this is complete. I need to get a hold of an Optimus statue and two LOC Autobot Whirls. But until I find someone willing to sell me the statue, and LOC Whirl comes out, I have little to do on this project. I'll probably start up my next one. I would of loved to get a hold of a Beast Wars Snarl before I started it, but it looks like that won't be happening. I might have some more pics of this after I get the stickers on, but I'm not sure I'll be able to take any tonight. Thanks for looking at this. Peace out.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    My understanding was that you wanted your custom to look aged as if it wasn't brand new off of the assembly line. If this is the case, then my initial diagnosis was correct that you were originally seeking a weathered finish like that of my custom and also that of the suggested research resource I shared with ya.

. . . but if what you ended up with is what you're satisfied with, then you've succeeded in what you set out to do - make a cool custom!

Seems like that tends to be my goal (as well as others' here) as well. Looks like you're in good company! :thumb 

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    why does it have to be LOC whirl? you could just as easily get an LOC Evac, who's long since been out, and is easily obtained off the 'net already. I know this because that's who I used for mine.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Let's see here. One-I don't trust the net to buy stuff. Two-I don't get a chance to go to Toys"R"Us that often, and I can't garuntee that they'll have two of him, let alone one. and Three-I actually like Whirl's colors, over Evac's. I'm not in a hury to finsish this anyways. I've decided to put a clear coat on the trailer before I put the stickers on. I've also got a Matrix to mold a copy of for Armorhide's chest too. I've got two other potential kitbashes in the works to keep me busy until I can finish this one. Peace out.