Armada

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Ok, little bit of backstory. I grew up with Armada and it continues to be one of my favourite series, second only to Animated. My first Transformer was Supercon Bendy Prime. :) 

But I think what I loved most about the show were the Transformer characters and how different many of them were to previous incarnations. For example, my favourite characters, Blurr and Scavenger, are almost nothing like their G1 counterparts. I'm sure G1 fans were going "y u no talk fast?!?!" and "y u autobot and mentor to prime?!?!?!" but I loved the new takes.

So my question is this, does anyone agree that Armada had some truly fantastic characters (apart from the kids)?

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    The characters were amazing:

Sideways was freaking genius

Hot Shot, Red Alert, and Jetfire were great. Sideswipe was entertaining as well

Scavenger was awesome at the start. Though after the chunk of episodes after his introduction, he ends up being relegated to a background character until episode 40. I do wish he had been a Decepticon for a bit longer, and that Megatron had actually followed through with his desire for revenge on Scavenger after he defected

Blurr was a badass, but he does have characterization aside from that to make him feel more alive. The sniper aspect of him is nice too.

Smokescreen didn't get a lot of development, and I think I would appreciate him more if he had actually died instead of becoming Hoist

Overload had a cool design, though I wish he had actually done something

Mainly it was the Decepticons though. Starscream, Thrust, Cyclonus, Demolishor, Tidal Wave, Wheeljack, all of them.

And Optimus and Megatron we're great, especially in the last chunk of episodes

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO no. I really had a hard time liking any of the characters. The Unicron Trilogy as a whole to me was bad.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I never really care for character, unless they suck like Animated Bumblebee, but I love the designs of the UT as a whole.

5. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream was great

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, Armada Starscream was awesome.

And I loved the idea of Sideways.

7. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

I'm just starting to watch Armada now, having only finished 1x04. It's so different, but I already recognize the familiar VAs.

8. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I always felt that Armada ran on the strength of its Decepticons. They were all pretty interesting for one reason or another.

My thing with the show was Scavenger was more interesting when he was with the Decepticons than he was with the Autobots. I just find that humorous.

Wheeljack was an interesting concept, but for some reason, though, I can't think of him too much out of his intro episodes and his dustbuster gun.

Thrust made a great traditional Starscream.

9. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

armada was great, there is no denying
    beleve me, i'm a kid whose not good at lieing

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The Cons were all amazing. The Autobots didn't have as memorable characters.

11. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    Even though Armada is what brought me to becoming a TF fan, it's not my favorite series. But out of the Unicron Trilogy, it's my second favorite behind Cybertron.

12. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    I loved Armada. Kids were annoying and it wasn't perfect, but for the most part, the show was great. Even the toys were awesome (Demolishor is one of the best TFs ever).

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I liked it aside from Carlos and Fred.

Too bad the dubbing process was heavily rushed. I would have liked it if they took their time or better yet had Richard Epcar write the dubs. Atleast it could have been more like RID's dub and be a bit more fun.

Got to say I really like Hot Shot, Red Alert, Starscream, Wheeljack, Sideways and Tidal Wave.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To me I feel the characters lacked depth apart from the ones who got the most focus time. Some of them showed up and had a lot going for them, but then vanished for episodes at a time or got knocked down to being another gun on the battlefield.

The characters did all mostly get their role in the story though, and decent personalities, so it was not all bad. But if you were not Optimus (to an extent even he got kicked into the background in favour of) Hot Shot, Megatron or Starscream, your role in the series was limited to a few character focus episodes and the occasional line in the strategy briefing, outside of showing up to fight.

15. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    I.liked that it was joint venture on the us and Japanese for making the show. Just wish they hadn't rushed things and spent more time on detail.

Hotshot was my favorite, wish he would have opened the matrix....

Wasn't it to be a reboot? Hence all the homages?

Say what you want, super combiner prime was pretty cool.