Armada .....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

eee

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, it sounds to me like you're having a good time with it. I think that's pretty cool :) 

3. king of cons

king of cons movie bot

I have gotta say (or atleast type) I love Armada, especally scince if it wasn't for Armada I wouldn't have even known what Transformers was! (well until the movie came out, but still)

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I love ep 23 (I think it was) Rebellion. Almost entirely Decepticon-focused and some great dialogue in it, better than the usual standard for what is essentially a very rushed dub.

5. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah i dont really know where all the Armada hate came from its an amazing show,Starscreams story throughout the whole show is great and the unicron battles episodes are brilliant.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Glad you're enjoying it!
    Armada has a lot of episodes I didn't enjoy at all, but there are several key episodes that are superb. And the last bunch of episodes are absolutely stunning.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't mind it. I don't think there's any TF cartoon I'd dislike enough to never watch it again at some point. And then there's all those nice G1 cameos to look out for in it.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna lie to you, Armada contains one of the BEST incarnations of Starscream and the episodes that focus on him are all good ones.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Sorry, double post.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  10. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Yay! Another Armada fan. I love armada, and i think it is a realy good show. It just suffered from (along with the rest of aec) the fact that it had to promote the toys, and it efected it worse than most seris. If they hadnt rushed it, it would have been amazing. I still do love Starscream, and Cramp nearly make me cry sometimes.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hated season one, then completely loved season 2. I own them all on DVD. Like you, I became desensitized to the animation after watching it years later. I guess when I watched G1 again, I came to realize that the animation had never been that good anyway.

Armada was really awesome towards the end.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Yeah..shame Energon and Cybertron fucked it up again, by resuming the old and cliché interpretation of Starscream.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon is the only Transformers series that I don't own on DVD. I could find no redeeming factors in that show... Remember their Ironhide ><

I liked Cybertron because for once the kids weren't THAT bad.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It's because they aren't floating in space yet. Stuff actually happens in the first half or so of the show. I remember a couple pretty good episodes - one in the arctic centered around Starscream, and Scavenger's first appearance.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Ok, for someone like me who was scared shitless away from Armada after watching only a handful of episodes and now considers it to be a steaming pile, what other episodes would fans of the show advise me to watch to possibly...maybe redeem it in my eyes?

I'm not concerned with story arcs or key plot points, I just want an episode that isn't dumb children going "ahhh", "ohhhh", "nggggg" or shit like that for minutes on end and then some minicons dancing and then the kids and the minicons all laugh and I wasted half an hour of my life without seeing a proper Transformer?

(sorry I'm a bit cynical as it was the next show I watched after Beast Wars earlier this year)

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    From my memory, besides the two I mentioned, Smokescreen's first appearance and the one with Nemesis Prime. There was also an underwater thing that although was more centered around the kids, it had some semblance of character development. I think there was a forest one too that wasn't bad(relatively speaking).

Someone will have to figure out all the single-word episode names of what I'm talking about.

17. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Sadly, I missed armada when it was on tv. I collected some of the toys, but I live in the boondocks and didn't have tv. (just one channel). I later picked up a "best battles" Armada dvd, with some random episodes on it. It looked okay to me, but the kids were pretty annoying. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't an instant favorite either. I do remember being pleasantly shocked that Gary Chalk was voicing optimus, that made my day. But for me when I think of armada, I think first and foremost of the dreamwave comics. I read most of that run, so that's the story I know. I only bought a few toys from that era-Both sizes of optimus, Both hot shot redecos, smokescreen and hoist, and of course tidal wave. The toys were kinda crappy, but i did love them. The first issue of the comic sold me on shot, so I loved his toy despite it's flaws. And to this day I love the "super pants" prime more then the "bendy" prime. He may not have the articulation, but he just looks buff, like he can really do some damage.

18. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i watched it when it was on tv and last year a friend of mine let me borrow it on dvd. i gonna tell ya i liked it more than i did before.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    # 4.9 48. Cramp
    # 4.10 49. Alliance
    # 4.11 50. Union
    # 4.12 51. Origin
    # 4.13 52. Mortal Combat

Especially Cramp.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The second last episode, Mortal Combat I think, is just one freaking awesome fight between Prime and Megatron.