Armada Sideways vs Cybertron Sideways

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Mar 10, 2007.

1. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Now I'm REALLY glad I missed that show, and ARMADA SIDEWAYS suddenly seems doubly impressive.
    I definately appreciated the manipulative shenanigans undertaken by the Armada version - It was an element never really explored in a TF show before. The episode were SIDEWAYS tries to unseat MEGATRON, hardly featuring the Autobots at all, was surprisingly mature and well constructed.

2. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Well, they really aren't the same characters, or in the same continuity even.

Double-Face (Armada Sideways) and Noisemaze (Cyb Sideways) are both meant to serve the same purpose as a robot who can integrate himself into both factions, but secretly serves a different purpose.

Now for Armada, Sideways was a calculating,sinister transformer who kept his true motives in the dark for a good while.

Cybertron Sideways is a comic-relief moron. But seriously, what Decepticons WEREN'T comic relief other than Megatron/Galvatron

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Starscream was pretty serious, actually. And there wasn't much to laugh about in Mudflap's story, at least unless his dialogue was completely rewritten from Galaxy Force.

I like both versions of Sideways. Armada is an awesome character who works really well in the series. The toy isn't amazing but is still a good toy, and the rider completes him in vehicle mode.

Cybertron's alien ship version is the better toy, though - mechanical demon for the win! - although I'm not as keen on his portrayal on screen as much. He lacks a lot of what made Armada's Sideways so cool, mostly because he had so little screentime and because his ultimate plan got lost in the last run of the series. That show could have done with another 5-10 episodes to properly resolve plot threads like that.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Paul Dobson's delivery of Armada Sideways' lines is also very impressive. He does deeply-voiced TFs very well.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Have not seen Cybertron Sideways. Is he anything like he was in Armada, being sneaky and giving helpful hints to both sides and turning out to be a part of Unicron?

6. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

Armada Sideways... toy and character

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Cyb. FTW!

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Both Had something to do with unicron and The Only Decepticons that weren't comic relief were Soundwave, Menasor, Star Scream, Scrapmetals, Lugnutz, Scourge, Heavy Load and Lazerbeak

9. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Nah. He and Soundwave are involved in a convuluted, rushed and unresolved scheme where they apparently lure the bots and cons to the universe/dimension/super happy fun land where Gigantion and Planet X are, so that they can steal the Cyber Planet Keys (I think) to get revenge on the Gigantions because of a past defeat that cost them their home... or something. Their involvement with Unicron is shoehorned into the continuity via the official Club comic.

I watched both versions of the series and I still didn't understand that story. Doesn't matter anyway, as its abruptly dropped when they ran out of time and budget.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I prefer the Energon version of Sideways. More playabilty. C. Sideways is boring with his stupid faction-changing butterfly weapon.

11. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    ? There wasn't any Energon Sideways, unless you meant Rapid Run.

Cybertron Sideways was the better toy (dude had knees, that makes him better than 90% of Armada), but the inferior characterisation.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Yeah, I meant Rapid Run.