Armada Seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wanting some input concerning the Armada Starscream and the other Seekers before i went hunting for em.
    Are they pretty nice, pros and cons, and what's the going prices for them
    these days?

any QC issues or quirks i may need to look out for?
    thanks!

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have Starscream and Thundercracker. The gf wanted them, so I decided to grab them when they became available (paid $15/ea).
    Total rubbish.
    Boring transformation, monsterous back-kibble, unnecessary sound-effects and disproportioned limbs. The nosecone-section in alt mode tends to droop as well. The only thing I like about them is the minicons.
    Sorry if this is overly harsh, but I really don't see the reason for the love this mold usually gets. The Cybertron seeker mold is much better.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Meh, they're alright by today's standards, but they lack alot of otherwise necessary articulation. At least they all still have the sword-wing thing.

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They great! A nice mix between old school and new school....Most of Armada is, I think...

5. Spoon

Spoon Banned

They all look amazing.

Unfortunately, they're not too poseable.

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    The idea is right, the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

Get one the Japanese Super Starscream (Thundercracker) for the best paintjob and get Skywarp for the different head and wings. Leave Ramjet and Starscream alone. Get the Galaxy Force Starscream. That's awesome!

iDD

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are ok. Transformation is simple. Bot is alright. It suffers from the large portion of jet sticking off its back, which is necessary for the minicon gimmick. The Japanese version is better in colors and that the nosecone in jet mode is straight not angled down (some kinda stupid safety thing there). Over all not a bad mold but there are better ones out there.

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This. Regardless, I absolutely love my Starscream.

9. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I love them. I have Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp. The poseability is ok, I actually prefer toys to have a more robust joint structure even if it costs a little flexibility. The only downside is with Skywarp - his head wing gets permanently deformed if you ever store him with anything on top of it.

The gimmick of the flip out cannon is awesome. I think that Armada was a turning point away from a style I do not care for in RID and many beasts to the more solid forms we have today (well up until the movies).

The size is pretty good too, Starscream deserves a larger voyager like the Armada one. I liked the character so much that I started making a statue of him. I got lazy and never finished but here it is.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I wanted to like them. Really, I did. However, in the end they were just meh. I didn't feel burned buying them, but they're in storage and have been for ages.

I got Starscream and Skywarp, but was left so meh by it I didn't bother picking up the rest of them. I got Skywarp mostly because of the color scheme and the remolded parts, but it still failed to really win me over.

Of all the seekers and partial seeker groups we've gotten, I rate the Armada ones as quite low, possibly at the bottom of the list. The lanky arms, giant backpack/shelf torso, the clown feet, poor posability, and downward angled nosecone in jet mode all detract too much from the figure IMHO.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I once loved them, but sold Thundecracker, Skywarp and Ramjet and now only have Micron Legend Screamer.
    They are nice, I think they look great just standing. But after all they were too big considering their simplicity and I didn't have room anymore.

I miss them sometimes :( 

12. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I would like them a lot more if the jet would fold down on the back instead of sticking out straight back.

13. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

This is my feeling as well. Aside from that, I think they're great. The best part is they they look great mixed in with the Cybertron Seekers which I also think are great.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, same here. I had all three (plus Ramjet), but sold them all eventually because while they look nice they don't have very good articulation (the entirety of Armada was a step back in that respect save for a few figures) and they suffer from their gimmicks (the minicon and electronics make them have these huge backpacks that stick out backwards).

I loved them for a time, but eventually there were just better versions of the three characters available and I don't have room for lackluster figures in my collection anymore. Though... I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up picking them up again at some point if I could get them for cheap.