Armada Megatron---your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Moosetron, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Moosetron

Moosetron AUGH AUGH AUGH!

This Megatron is my personal favorite. He's the first Megatron I was ever exposed to in the early 2000's. He is intimidating as hell, he knows what he wants, he's got one hell of a sexy voice and a sexy smile(y hello thar fangs) to go with it.

I really like his design and think the tank mode suits his character. He is brutal, but he's a gentleman(gentlemech?). He's always struck me as able to back it up when he says he can kick your ass. Even if he got hurt or kicked around, he got up, retreated, came up with a different plan and tried again. He never quit. Hell, the only thing in the Armada series that brought him down was needing that final fight with Optimus.

That's another aspect of his character I liked. He was emotional, even if he hid it well. Remember when Optimus died in Armada? Megatron went into mourning for the loss of his only worthy adversary. The idea that the war he fought against Optimus had ended in a whimper and not an all out drag down kick ass fight left him utterly depressed! When he and Optimus finally fight it out in Mortal Combat--he was laughing! Megatron was only happy in the midst of his conquest, and he crushed anyone who got in the way of that.

He even chose to die/be consumed by Unicron rather than live in peace. (I say this as I don't acknowledge Energon. I couldn't get through one episode of that. Horrid.) It's a shame it wasn't enough to destroy Unicron--I kind of see that last moment as a metaphor that like love, hate doesn't entirely die either.

To top it off: I can look past the sub-par dubbing in Armada because David Kaye brought Armada Megs to life for me. He had some of the best speeches in the series.

Enough from me. What say the masses about Armada Megsy?

2. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

i wasn't all that fond of his design. (i think tfa shockwave rocked the antlers and tread shoulders better) but i did enjoy his character, and come on, david kaye is awesome.

3. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    <opens video> Pfft, this ain't gonna be anything. Look at this guy. How am I expected to take him seriously?

<plays>

<at 00:40> What are these feelings.

<at 1:56> TAKE ME NOW.

4. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

I liked his design, but he talked too much, way too much.
    Even in fights he would not stop talking.
    And he'd talk for half an hour before a fight, and then the fight would last 30 seconds! Ugh!
    I like him better than G1 Megs though.

5. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    his design didn't really give me a megatron, but oh god that voice nnnnn bebe

6. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    I loved him. Armada (and really the who Unicron trilogy) deserves more love

7. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

One of my favorite incarnations of Megatron ever.

8. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

He was ok, but nowhere near my favorite megatron.

9. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Toy Wise:

I always liked the original release over the Armada Galvatron and the Micron Super Megatron redeco. I find activating all his Minicon gimmicks in alt mode makes for a nice little stationary base.

Character Wise:
    He was the most interesting of the 3 dub attempts by David Kaye for the Unicron Trilogy. Armada Megatron always seemed interesting, specially during those "important" moments like the death of Starscream, or his own "demise" in Mortal Combat. In the end, just watch Micron Legend if you really love the character.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

When he first came out, he was pretty frikn cool. Would still be if his poseability was a little better.
    Hav'nt seen him in awhile, gonna go dig him out.

11. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

I THINK HE'S A MOOSE WHO NEEDS TO STOP ROLLING AROUND IN DISGUSTING MOSS.

In all seriousness, Armada Megs is one of my favorite Megs designs. Even WITH the moose antlers.

12. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Armada was my first TF series and I love it to death, but I can't get over the horns man. He just looked like a stag beetle to me. And the placement of his cannon on the side of him seemed odd to me as well. But other than that, he was epic.

But not my favorite. I don't have a favorite, they're all epic in their own way so I can't really pick.

13. Moosetron

Moosetron AUGH AUGH AUGH!

"Ugh. You. Get lost!"

:p 

14. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That moment always stuck with me for the character. It was different for a Megatron, and in the end, one of the reasons I ended up liking him.

His character design was pretty good too. :) 

15. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Armada Megatron, the toy: WHY U HAVE NO KNEEEEES???!!! WHY!!!!!! Such a cool design that could have been awesome with the right articulation and the ability to mount the tank turret to his forearm. And less orange - and when I say less, I mean none of it.

Armada Megatron, the character: I liked him well enough, and he certainly wasn't the reason why I detested Armada.

16. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

It's Shit. Armada and Energon were shit!

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    _________ is my favorite version of __________.

He is the first _________ I was ever exposed to.

...is a pretty common sentiment.

18. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I quite liked him for the reasons the OP stated and I didn't mind the antlers and tread-shoulders design, I think it actually looks great on him! Armada -my first TF show- I feel was a tad underrated and the best of the Unicron Trilogy.

19. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Purple Dinosaur

Armada Megatron holds a special place in my memories of transformers. So menecing to me, a young child at the time. Never appreciating starscream until it was to late. Armada megatron is and will always be my favorite version of the character. Armada megs, hot shot, blurr and starscream can kind of be thanked for getting me into this great frachise. If there was anything that armada did right in my eyes was making me a fan.

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I haven't seen Armada in a couple of years and I haven't been able to tollerate it lately but if I remember correctly, I loved this Megatron. After watching the vid I still love him and I think he might have been my favorite Megatron.