Armada Megatron batteries question.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shepard Prime, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I hope this is the right place to ask this (I'm still learning the lay of the land here). But I recently got a Armada Megatron but I can't get the two batteries into the area where they go. It takes those round batteries instead of the tube ones like AA and AAA. I was just wondering if anyone else had/has problems with this figure and if it's a factory screwup that I need to fix?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Are you positive you are installing the right batteries? The "watch batteries" come in quite a few different sizes.

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Pretty much this. My money is on the fact that you are using the wrong size. Not hard to have happen without the instructions or indication of the proper size on the battery cover.

4. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I'm pretty sure I have the right ones (I could be wrong tho'). The back of the compartment box listing (as well as Googling the specs) matches the batteries I have. The way they go in is a nightmare. Instead of going in flat and side by side, they go in vertically, 3 of them, packed tight. Short of hammering them in, all three won't go. It's like the compartment is a shave too small.

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Wow, that's strange.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Your three batteries have swelled up.

Basically most watch batteries produce hydrogen gas inside them and they swell up. There's meant to be Mercury inside the battery to supress the production of gas, but it doesn't stop it completely.

When I removed all the watch batteries from all my relevant TF's, I found that sometimes I couldn't put them back into other devices. If you look 'really' carefully you can see the +ve side of the battery is curved outward.

Most of the time nobody notices, because these batteries are installed singly or into ther own bays. Because Armada Megatron requires the three batteries to be 'stacked' that extra size adds up and will no longer fit. Basically any device tht requires batteries to be stacked will have this problem, it was the same with my little Star Wars sounds and light R2D2, once the batteries were levered out, I couldn't get any used cells back in.

The only real solution is to buy some new batteries and fit those.

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    One learns something every day! Also, the suggestion of new batteries is a very wise one anyways, I'd think.

8. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Did not know this. Good to know for the future.

9. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Holy crap! They are curved! It's only noticeable if you're really looking for it, which I just did. That's crazy! lol. Wish I had known this as I would've saved myself some of the little hair I have left.

Thanks all!

10. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Wait, someone actually wants to put batteries in Armada Megatron?:crazy: 

11. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

lol. Yeah, I like the sounds of the toys. I may grow to hate Armada Megatron's given the various things I've read here and online about it (including the weak voice) but I at least want to hear it for myself. I've seen on youtube how it goes off with the slightest movement but my son would love it. When he plays with Armada Starscream, all I hear is chudda chudaa chudda. lol.

I even kept the sounds intact when I took apart Energon Meg's (soon to be Galvatron) cannon for customizing. Since it's button free now and spring loaded, I can really fire off rapid fire blasts like in the cartoon...CHOOM CHOOM CHOOM!

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Armada Megatron's sounds are cool enough :cool: 

13. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Forgot to let everyone know, I got new batteries and put them in. Fit perfectly. Thanx for all the help guys!

I agree that his voice is a little light to be Megatron. That said, there's four different sounds on 'em and they're cool as punch.