Armada/Energon Cyclonus misassembly?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ray Kremer, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I just got in from eBay a mint on card Energon Cyclonus (the grey camo repaint of the Armada mold). I have a couple micron booster versions of minicons with the gear-driven action bits, so I tried to attach them underneath the cockpit but it wasn't quite working. Upon examination I began to suspect the gear was on the wrong side. On the toy I have it's on Cyclonus's left. But in this photo
    Cyclonus (Sandstorm) - Toy Gallery - Photo #42
    it's on his right. Can anybody who has successfully attached a gear-driven minicon to this mold confirm what it's supposed to look like? I think I can take it apart and turn that piece around easily enough.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

meh; it doesn't really work all too well anyways.

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Yeah. I remember talking about this on the boards when Cyclonus first came out. It does seem that the gear was misassembled. Not much can be done about it, though, because of how Cyclonus is put together.

4. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

It's on the left on mine, and it kinda works. I have the Drill Bit minicon from the Road Wrecker Team shoved there now and the drill spins when you pull his rotor-spinning trigger. His team mates, Dualor and Buzzsaw don't work though, at all.