Armada - does it get any better??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Erector, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here's how I look at the Armada cartoon:

If you can somehow manage to make it through the first 40 (!) episodes that are utter irredeemable shit, you get to the Unicron battles. They're almost as good as G1, only the dialog is inane to the point of bewilderment.

So, if you want to spend 20 hours of your life watching the worst TV ever in the history of man just so you can get to the next 70 hours of the story (how freakin' long was Armada anyway?) that are almost as good as a 1980's kid-oriented 30-minute toy commercial...Well, be my guest.

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    watch from the episode past part 1 onwards and it shouldbe better. (you'd bebetter off watching micron legend though, from what i've heard the japanese dub was so much better and the minicons actuaally comunicated in English rather than beeps)

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Unicron sucked. Honestly, I prefer G1 Unicron from the 86 movie.

The Autobots as far as I'm concerned really had no personality or major character changes with the exception of Hot Shot (Optimus Prime did have some near the end).

I honestly thought that the Decepticons were better portrayed, especially Starscream and Thrust.

Yes, Armada does have it's moments, but they're so few and far in between, you really don't know.

Energon had so much potential, but then killed itself when the writers thought it would be better to go absolutely no where with character development and plot threads Armada had established near it's end (I'm looking at you, Sandstorm (Cyclonus), Nightscream (Starscream), Ironhide (Demolisher), Mega Zarak (Scorponok), Rodimus Convoy (Rodimus), etc.

Funny enough, Hot Shot by the time of Energon, evolved into a G1-Prowl type character in being Prime's right hand bot.

4. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

I LOVE THAT SERIES !!! but the only thing that scared the schit out of me is that laserbeak is an autobot... and looks scary , but other then that starscream is practicly fangirl gold ( including me ^_^) and the it shows that megatron is really a pain in the ass for the autobots and even his decepticons.. ( just to let you's know i cryed when optimus died and when starscream went suicidal , so sad * cough *cough* cough
    OMG!! unicron looks weird but kool and the fact that the series dose show how much of a sad little whim galvatron really is..!!!!!!!!
    the last couple of episodes are really cool and the first ones too.
    AND to my opinion the series was really about starscream if you look at it that way... BEST SERIES ENDING EVER!!!!!
    die galvatron, DIE!!!

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Encyclopedia Dramatica of Overstatement :p 

English?

6. Casual Matt

Casual Matt Star Fox Pilot

I honestly think Armada was decent overall. When it was bad, it was really bad, and when it was good, it was really good.

It's obviously up to you, but I'd watch through all the episodes at a leisurely pace if I had the DVDs.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Stupid billy and fred

Starscream's story is pretty cool if you follow it through

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    My thoughts:

Cons:
    The first 25 or so episodes were extremely painful to watch, esp the first few eps
    Hi my name is Rad and I want to tell you about my friends the Transformers :rolleyes:  :banghead: 
    Way too much focus on the humans
    Billy and Fred were totally pointless and only served to detract from the shows watchability.
    The minicons beeping instead of talking

Pros:
    Starscream's character development was very good.
    Starscream's self sacrifice
    Last battle between Megs and Optimus
    Battle against Unicron

that's all I can think of as I haven't watched an ep in over 5 years.

9. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Yup, Rad was annoying as hell.

But he asen't as bad as Carlos, Bully, and well.... pretty much all of the humans were bad in general. Contrast to that, Armada was an exceptionally good show. If you can get past the first say... 9 to 10 episodes.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I still say episode 23 'Rebellion' is one of the best episodes of Transformers.