Armada - does it get any better??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Erector, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Really? Haven't seen it. I have only seen a few eps of Cybertron.
    Which episode is it on?

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Yes, but sporadically. People on this forum tend to forget the good times and lump the entire series with the bad, which frankly is a bad way of looking at things.

As the self-appointed King of Armada, good episodes (in my opinion) are:

14. Overmatch - pretty much the first episode that people ON THIS VERY FORUM considered 'good'.

23. Rebellion - Probably one of the best episodes of the series, dealing almost exclusively with the Decepticons. It is demonstrative of the twisted, abusive relationship between Starscream and Megatron. There's some really nice acting from David Kaye as Megatron, and ominous foreboding from the manipulative Sideways.

27. Detection - A coda on Rebellion, a nice Decepticon-centric episode. At the time of airing, this ending was SHOCKING. I Shit you not. People in this forum were shocked at what happened and were forming theories into what it meant.

28. Awakening - Debut of Tidal Wave and the Space Mini-Con Team.

29. Desperate - Debut of the Requiem Blaster.

31-32 Past Parts 1 and 2 - Gives some decent backstory for Hot Shot and the overall impression that the Autobots are not quite the squeaky-clean heroes we're led to believe they are in most cartoons. Wheeljack is an interesting character and revenge is a good theme for a few episodes.

33. Sacrifice - A major change for one of the Decepticons and (at the time) a tragic ending.

37. Crack - A major Starscream episode, and a pretty good one emotionally.

39. Crisis - DEATH.

43. Puppet - Nemesis Prime.

48. Cramp - Code of Hero. The best episode of the series.

52. Mortal Combat - probably one of the best fight sequences in US animated Transformers.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol 

kinda like 'made out with a fat chick in a drunken stupor' 'kind of a blur now'?

4. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:

Ka do you know that feeling alot???? lol jk:drunk 

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I got only the second half of the Armada series on DVD. It's not too bad... something that I would want to watch when I'm bored and need to watch something that's stupid but funny at the same time.

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I watched episode 48 today... it owned. So much so that I actually want to find out what happened to Starscream, who all these other bots are, why Hot Shot is suddenly RED????, why Prime can join up with Jetfire, how Megatron became Galvatron...

... so I'm gonna have to watch the rest anyway.

BAH!

7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    watch from about 22/23. most of the episodes from there are good.

8. Armorhide

Armorhide Damn kids

The third last one I belive.

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I heard a lot of "man did Armada get good later on" type posts in the later days of Armada being on TV. We had cancelled our satellite service by then, so I couldn't watch it. Picked up the first box set when it came out and watched the whole thing and saw, maybe, about four episode of the entire set that didn't either bore me, or disgust me. And then I was pissed off that the second set wasn't going to come out because that's supposedly where the "it got good" stuff came from.

FINALLY the second set came out, I bought it, and within about three episodes I realized this was like a completely different show. There is a LOT of good in the second half of the series. The Starscream arc is actually the first that I remember in any Transformers cartoon where you seriously end up questioning whether the Autobots are good guys, or just a bunch of self-righteous buttholes who think they're better than everybody else. I was very, VERY angry with the way the Autobots treated Starscream. Had they simply given him a chance, and treated him halfway decently, he would have stayed with them. From there, the series never let up.

Starscream's death scene was brutal, and one of the more memorable things in Transformers history. It was especially nice the way Megatron talked of him after he was gone, finally realizing how good of a soldier Starscream had always been only after he'd lost him for good.

And the final battle was just a huge, epic, awesome spectacle.

Armada does get better. But if you're watching the entire show, which you really need to do to see the entire plot develop into the good part, you're going to put up with a LOT of garbage along the way. Do like I did. Find something to work on while you watch it. Build models or something. That way, when it gets interesting, you can pay attention. The annoying parts slide by as you work on whatever you're working on.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I remembered, 'The Past' parts 1 & 2 were good. They focused on Hot Shot and Wheeljack. Good spotlight episodes.

11. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Oh, this all brings me right back to the days when I used to frequent this forum...

I bought tons of Armada toys (PM me if you're looking for any of them) and watched almost the entire run of the show... but I hated nearly every episode I watched and flet betrayed by the outsourced animation, complete disregard for the transformers universe, etc. I can remember actually caring enough to join in on the arguments on this forum with people who said it was better than other TF shows.. Wow..

I remember feeling SO disapointed after watching the massively over-hyped pilot on Cartoon Network... horrendous!!

I will say that the episodes around the time of Unicron's appearance were fun... but only because of the anticipation of the toy (which turned out to be a great toy in my opinion)...

The rest of the show was pure torture and dumbed down to be almost unwatchable. I think they used about eight to ten animation cells per episode...but they saved all kinds of money. :) 

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the problem with armada is that it is a traditional anime series.

by that i mean that for the first 15-20 sepisodes nothing really happens of note before kicking up several gears to blast to the end.

For me. Armada has a better finale than victory

13. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    See, that right there is what Rad SHOULD have said in the first episode, and not just "Hi! My name's Rad, and I wanna tell you about the Transformers!"

Ugh, I still feel sick after hearing that line for 39 or so episodes. YUCK.

14. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

Armada did nothing for me. I just stopped watching the show after the first couple of episodes. Till this day, the only TF cartoons I enjoy watching is G1, Victory, and RID.(Though, I did enjoy watching some eps. of BW and BM as well)

15. Heatseeker

Heatseeker ;)

I like Armada Starscream's design and that's about it. Then again, I like every single last Starscream I've ever seen.

Yes. I'm a fangirl, so sue me. ;) 

16. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    It improves but my god you have to sit through a whole bunch of garbage before you hit the good part. You're through the worst of it though.

17. Erector

News Credits:
    Hi. Zombie thread.

So I actually finally bit the bullet and watched it all the way through. I was really surprised... at the start I thought this was one of the worst things that could ever happen to the TF franchise, but by the end... wow. The whole Starscream arc, Unicron, the Prime vs. Galvatron battle... the last 20-odd episodes were absolutely amazing.

Now I want the toys :( 

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Heh. The end section of Armada was indeed superb.
    However, now you have to sit through Energon, which I considered to be pretty much the exact opposite of Armada; while the first few episodes are pretty good it soon descends into complete crap...

19. Erector

News Credits:
    I don't have Energon or Cybertron on DVD. Problem solved ;) 

20. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Thank your lucky stars...IMO, those two dubs weren't good at all.