Armada Designs That You Want To See "Classic"-ized/Modernized In CHUG

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The 10th Anniversary of Armada is in 2 years. While I wasn't a big fan of Armada, at the time, I was plenty excited for it before it premiered. I liked the character designs, thought I would like the toys(ended up not liking most of them), and loved the premise behind the series. However the show was disappointing, as was most of the toyline.

I did like how we got a futuristic Prime, and a kick ass design for Megatron with a tank alt mode, BUT, both had underwhelming articulation, compromised for their gimmicks. Nonetheless, despite the series and associated toylines faults, both are relevant to the brand and made it popular for that period of time. A big impact but could have had better execution.

We've seen some Animated designs realized in Classics/realistic/CHUG/whatever-fashion, be it ROTF Lockdown, or RTS Lugnut. As a fan of Animated, I appreciate these homages and like the different takes on these characters.

Just think though, what if Hasbro were to do the same thing with some of the Armada cast? I always liked Prime's un-combined design, it looked pretty cool. Big, tough, as Optimus should be. He also had a BFG. I'd love to see a voyager or ultra version. Fully articulated of course.

Megatron is another character I'd love to see remade. The Armada character design is one of my favorites for Megatron, one that reeked of power but had an under-articulated figure. Maybe this time around, the tank cannon could be detached, swappable from around the waist, to the forearm. Then repaint it in G1 Galvatron colors for a better Classics Galvatron than the 2008 version.

Starscream is another design that I think is seemingly begging for the update. The character design had a sleek alt mode that looked BAD ASS, and the robot mode wasn't shabby either, looking familiar, yet adding a sword. The toy was a brick though, and the alt mode was kinda funky.

I would ditch the minicon-activated gimmicks, just have some ports molded on so that the PCC ones or Armadavers minicons could still be added.

Maybe Energon Starscream could be given another go, but voyager this time, and a more accurate alt mode. Hasbro by now, knows how to make a better F-22 Transformer figure, look at the ROTF/HFTD Starscreams. Maybe this time however, instead of just basing the toy on the Energon version, going further, incorporating EJ Su's design from the IDW books, making not only a sleek F-22 alt mode, and fully articulated robot mode, but one that could easily be interchangeable on display between Energon shelves, AND Classics/CHUG shelves. Hell, a modernized mass market Starscream that ISN'T movie based!

Who knows what can happen in 2 years. I'm excited by the prospect(s).

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Tidalwave.

3. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a WFC Demolisher.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Tidalwave and Wheeljack!

5. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starscream pleeeeeeeeeeas! And i would also love to see Wheeljack and Tidal Wave and maybe some Demolishor and Cyclonus action going on. Sideways would have to be my second pick behind Starscream though

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't actually mind seeing Smokescreen done properly. He had a nice vehicle mode, an awesome gimmick, and a pretty good design. He gets ragged on because of his poor articulation, and to a lesser extent, his dumpy head sculpt.

But a nice redo of Starscream is a must.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have a few ideas here:

First of all, I already know it's asking too much, but I really feel that Hot Shot got the short end of the stick with Universe 2.0. It had the potential to be a really awesome figure, but the mold has several drawbacks that keep it from being a good toy to a really awesome toy. I'd prefer a whole new mold, but even a retool would be nice.

I really like the Cybertron Red Alert mold, and seeing it repackaged for this sort of thing would be cool. I think may slightly altering the colors some would be enough.

Optimus and Jetfire need totally new molds, but I'd like to see them. Overload would be fine with just some added articulation and more paint apps.

Megatron is just screaming for an update. I can see this toy being very successful as well. Starscream is in the same boat here.

Sideways could really be made into an awesome mold now. Double Headmaster FTW. /story

I think the RotF Ramjet mold works well already for Thrust, and just changing the colors to match his Armada counterpart would be very easy.

I'd love to simply see the Tidal Wave in the Super Link colors in the US. I think the toy itself is pretty great. Perhaps just some added articulation :) 

Cyclonus and Demolisher need good toys. Poor guys.

Wheeljack (I rather like RAMPAGE as the name, but oh well) would be great made out of the Sideswipe mold. People may be tired of the mold, but I think it would be a nice addition :) 

Most of the Minicons that came out at the time were nice, so I think if there were just a few packs offered again repackaged, it would create a nice shelf presence.

This whole thing would potentially give the US market a good excuse to use the head mold from the Japanese Unicron. I wouldn't mind seeing the Unicron toy as is with the new head this time around. A tie in with G1 may would help spur some sells as well.

8. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

-Blurr
    -Optimus (Or just a rerelease of Bendy Optimus Prime)
    -Tidal Wave
    -Megatron
    -Sideways

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Been wanting an update of Armada Screamer ever since Generations started. Deluxe scale would be fine with me; I'd just love to see that design re-engineered with a more intricate transformation and better articulation.

10. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My votes are for Tidal Wave and WheelJack
    Wheeljack hasn't seen great toys in the past except in G1

11. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

My list of figures I would like to see be updated:
    Optimus Prime
    Jetfire
    Demolisher
    Starscream
    Tidal Wave

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Anything's good, but if they could only do 5, they should be:

Megatron
    Sideways
    Tidal Wave
    Demolishor
    Overload

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    An updated Magna Convoy would be awesome sauce! :drool: :drool: :drool: 

Tidalwave should get some love too!

14. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Thirded for a Classics Armada Wheeljack / Rampage!

15. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    scavenger hands down. i always wanted him when i was a kid and ive always wanted a scavenger that had actual legs. ha.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Sideswipe needs one. Just. Because.

And the character bio reading:

"Thank you for buying this rendition of Armada Sideswipe. We apologize for our previous attempt.

Sincerely,

Hasbro and TakaraTomy

17. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

Well, most of the ones that would be cool to see redone have already been listed, but I'll give it a go.

Obviously, Tidal Wave. My suggestion would be keeping it the way it was, but I would be neat if all three ships transformed separately making him more so a combiner gestalt.

As Supersquad7 mentioned, the Sideswipe mold from the Classics line would be bad ass for Wheeljack. I'm looking at you, Radicons.

Sideways and his duocons would be a neat reappearance. Just add a bit more articulation and all and that would be neat.

Scavenger was a bit bulky and kibbelish, but a remake on him would be decent, with a changeable Autobot/Decepticon logo.

Cyclonus, just because I feel he got the shaft, and then Snowcat, he was bad ass.

I still to this day love the transformation of Demolisher, they could just retool him with some more articulation apps and bam, you've got a new shit-for-brains!

Poor old Hotshot, I loved that toy, hated the character. But the toy needs some justice. If I could only move my arms that way, I'd be a nanny myself.

Although Tank Megatron has been done a tad too much, I love that figure still. Just an update would be cool.

Oh yeah, and a SLEW of Minicons

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Megatron and Starscream. Actually, Starscream moreso than Megatron. A modern toy with no gimmicks of that design would be awesome, at any scale.

19. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:

He has one... but i'd like to see Smokescreen or something :) 

20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aaaannnnddd that's why Sideswipe is my top choice.

After him...Megs/Galvatron, since seeing that mold with a high level of articulation would be awesome (especially if they could somehow keep some of the minicon-activated gimmicks)

Demolishor
    Overload
    Wheeljack