Minor/Repaint: Armada Demolisher to Universe Metroplex

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dsn1014, May 19, 2008.

1. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

So I have a spare loose semolisfer and for a good long time I've seen his shape remind me of G1 Metroplex, I'm just wondering does anyone have any suggestions for ways to mod him (simple ones mind, am very amature) to make him a bit more true to the citybot. I'm very nervous about the white paint, but will deal with that as it comes. I have a picture I took of a base/tripod mode for Demolisher which I would hope would cover the third mode, but will have to find it. But for the moment, please forgive the drawing I did sometime back when the idea first came to me.

I'm thinking;
    - file down the decepticon insignia, replace with a reprolabel
    - cut off hand barrels, replace with gundam kit fists, though the may prove a eyesore in vehicle/base mode.
    - for scamper I'm thinking using a spare gobot that may get a new paint job. I could use a mini-con, but scamper and six-gun were 2 different size classes in the original toy and I want to keep that.

any other thoughts would be very much appreciated in the meantime.

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    That's actually a pretty great idea! Real outside thinking. I have a beater Demolying around somewhere, I'll dig it up and see what we can come up with!! Good luck on this Project!

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    If you want to give it real hands, I'd suggest using either flip-out style fists, where you have a panel of the forearm open to allow the fist to flip out, or have slide-out fists. The easiest way to do that would be to swap the lower arms with a TF that is of similar size that has either of these styled hands.

4. dsn1014

Great Idea, but Demolisher has a very flimsy connecting pice between his shoulder and forearm, connected by pins, I imagine it'd be a pain to find a replacement, as most I can think of are ball joint. That said I'll have a look around.

5. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very interesting idea.

World's Smallest Metroplex.

I like it.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I shall call you Miniplex. lol Just kidding I think the idea is cool and unique. hope to see it works.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll be interested in seeing you pull this custom off, man! I've never been a fan of this mold at all, and I'd love to see someone put it to good use.

If you plan on painting with brushes, I'd just recommend becoming best friends with sandpaper.

Keep us updated, dude :wink: 

8. dsn1014

well I have a junker on hand, just have to strip the paint first, then am gonna have to learn to apply white paint evenly, so will take me some time. But have had this in mind for some time, really want to do it.

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I suggest the new Testors One coat, its called "White Lightening" its actually metallic, so it covers with less! the metallic doesn't really show in the color either, it just looks nice and white. Its a little thin, I did a test on real dark grey plastic, and it was good after 4 thin coats, and no paint globbing.

10. dsn1014

I'm sadly stuck with what is available domestically, am in Ireland, so I have my choices narrowed, whats the vote on citadel paints?

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Do you think he would have to base coat it with another color, so the Green and Purple don't bleed through?

12. REDLINE

News Credits:

If you're asking me about the Testors One-coat, then no he wouldn't. As I said it was really dark grey, and if you can coat dark grey/black then you can cover anything, especially seeing as its white. The drawback is its only available in spray form, so if you were wanting to use it with a brush, you'd have to be spraying it on newspaper to paint, which isn't' the most efficient way to do it.