Armada Confusion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Star Streaker, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

Ok I am completely and uttery confused. I grew up watching Armada (My fav series to date), and that was my first Transformer series. Or at least I thought it was. Actully, it was Beast Wars... The Megratron that I knew was a tank. And not the real Megatron. Apperently it explained in an episode that I missed that the real Megatron ran off with some Prime to live in peace and harmony... Ok, so if that Tank Megatron isnt the real Megatron, is Prime the real Prime? Some even say their the ones that are in Beast Wars. Is anyone the real one? And if Megatron gave up on Cybertronian Domonation, why is the war still going on? Who is really the fake Megatron? And to even add to more confusion... in the Transformer Movie, Prime and Megatron are stated to be brothers, hell in the DS game, theire is a mission I think called Sibling Rivalry, where you play as Megatron trying to kill Prime. See how I am confused?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    don't try to fit all the series together. armada begins it's own story, only connected to energon and cybertron. it was a complete reboot of the franchise.

3. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

I was told that they were in the same universe... But still, all thoes things that I stated confuse me... anyone care to explain?

4. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Universe #1:
    Generation 1
    Generation 2
    Beast Wars
    Beast Machines

Universe #2:
    Robots In Disguise

Universe #3:
    Armada
    Energon
    Cybertron

Universe #4:
    Movie

Universe #5:
    Animated

5. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

Ok... that helps, but doenst answer my questons.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:

Somebody either lied or wasn't in the know.

There are 5 separate transformers universes, each with its own Version of Optimus Prime and Megatron and the others:

G1/Beast Era: This was the universe of the original show/comics. The only tf universe that was in existence from 1984 until 2001. Since then, there have been multiple comics series using characters from this universe. This universe actually had two megatrons, the original one that turned into a gun, and then (in Beast Wars) there was a purple T-Rex TF who named himself megatron in tribute to the original. And Optimus Primal is a different character from Optimus Prime.

RiD: This universe consisted of the TV series Transformers: Robots in disguise, and a limited comic series. Lasted from 2001-2002.

Unicron Trilogy (aka Armadaverse, A/E/C): This franchise consisted of three tv series (Armada, Energon, Cybertron) and a few related comic series. Lasted from 2002-2006.

Bayverse/Live Action Movies: Consists of Michael Bay's live action films and related comics. A lot of elements from this universe are G1-inspired.

Transformers Animated: The currently-running series on cartoon network.

Hope this helps youy understand.

7. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Cybertron was dubbed into the Armada/Energon Universe. But from inconsistencies you can tell, but have to accept.

You can tell if the series is part of a universe by looking at references to their past.
    All Primes are "real" Primes.
    All Megatrons are "real" Megatrons.

You are the "real you."
    You aren't the "real you" in a universe where your doppelganger (twin) is MVP for the 1999 season of the NBA.

Does that simplfies things?

8. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

Ok that explains a lot more. Only a few questons left:

1. (For Armada) In an article, it states that the tank Megatron was not the real Megatron. The real Megatron ran off with Prime to live in peace and harmony (Aperently stated in an Energon episode). So, who is the "new" Megatron, and "new" Prime? And if the real Megatron and real Prime ran off to live in peace and harmony, why are the two sides still fighting? According to that, they reconsilded...

2. (For the new movie) In the movie it seams that Megatron and Prime are brothers. Even in the DS games theire is a mission called Sibling Rivalry. Are they really brothers in that universe?

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    The current Prime and Megatron are still 'real' Prime and Megatron. There may have been previous characters called Prime and Megatron but thats not to say they are the 'real' ones. Just characters that use the same names. Look if your grandfather was call Bill and you were called Bill you are still Bill. No 'real' or 'fake' about it.

10. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

SPOILER ALERT.... if you haven't seen the movie

In the movie, after the allspark energy was pressed into Megs chest. Optimus called Megatron "brother." It really did not add to the story... yet, nor gave you any hint before that part that they are. "Brother" has many definitions. But assuming they have the creator... maybe. You can decided it yourself because I though that it was one more cliche that they put in the movie.

As for Armada. I didn't finish that cartoon network series.

11. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

Yea... I wasnt so sure by when Prime said "brother" in the movie if that is what he ment, but with the DS game's mission name, well... I'm guessing it's true. Or they just named that mission for the hell of it.

12. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I think the brother thing was never elaborated on but the games gave their own spin on the subject.

13. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Continuity - Transformers Wiki <-This is a nice starting point. The answers to all your questions can be found on that website, I think.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    The Megatron thing sounds unfamiliar, but as for the optimus prime part, I think you're just confusing the "old prime" with Rodimus.

15. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

Yea your right... I reread the alticle... it is Rodimus. Ok so why did Megatron make nice with Rodimus, and both go somwhere to live in peace and harmony, while a Transformer that, I guess, dubbed himself Megatron still fought with the Autobots, and the rest of the Decepticon army somehow unaware that their leader, really isnt the one they knew. Hell, even Starscream did not know...

16. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    No, it wasn't a "megatron" that left with him. It was just a bunch of war-waery decepticons and autobots.

17. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

18. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Pretend Armada never happened lol.

19. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Well, I just got even more confused. However, I like to think that the UT Megatron is a Megatron #2, who, after the Cybertron series, goes back in time to the Beast Wars. This isn't real, of course. Just one of my crazy fanfic ideas pulling all the universes into one.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nah, in the Movie Prime just called him brother as in his brother in arms. Well, they were almost like BFFs ruling Cybertron together until Megatron went bad. However, it seems every other media that's linked to the movie takes this literally. (like TF fans)