Armada Box Set

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by herugrim, Sep 19, 2008.

1. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    After buying, watching, and surprisingly liking the Cybertron box set, I finally decided to go out and get Armada. The prices have dropped drastically in some stores, Amazon lists it at $20 cheaper then it used to be (though it's still $60 alltogether). Not bad for what, 600 minutes of transformers?

The beginning is rough, as anyone will tell you. The story revolves entirely around the kids for the first twelve episodes or so, and very slowly shifts focus over to the transfomers themselves. Once the Star Saber makes its appearance, things really start to pick up. Despite the occasional philisophical rants done by Rad, the show gets to be really good. There are a lot more dubbing errors in this series then in the later (Sparkplug being called Leader-1, Swindle changing names at random times, Tidal Wave being called Shockwave, etc...) but at least there's no hokey accents to try and spread a small cast of Voice Actors over a large cast of characters.

The end seemed kind of rushed to me. Nemesis Prime only appeared in one episode as a random monster, then we never see him again. The fight with Unicron only lasts for a handful of episodes, as if they almost forgot about him towards the end and just rushed to throw him in. This series does get extra points from me for actually getting Prime and Megs to work together to beat Unicron, instead of the Decepticons simply becoming Unicron's grunts. Megatron and Starscream had a lot of depth in this series, instead of being there stiff, stereotypical selves we're used to.

And in the end, I actually don't think the kids were half as annoying as the ones in Cybertron. At least Rad, Alexis, and Carlos don't march into battle commanding teams of autobots, and manage to make a difference their own way.

I know there aren't many Energon fans here, but I really hope they give us an Energon boxset. It actually held continuity with Armada, and while Kicker was another really annoying human character, and least he wasn't just a little kid.

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Theres an armada boxset?!?!?!? *runs to the store*

3. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i bought my armarda boxset off ebay a couple years ago. i love it though.

4. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    Yeah, been out awhile, in two parts. It looks like Rhino was planning at first to go through all three shows, since it calls Armada season 1. For now it looks like there skipping Energon. Knowing Rhino, they'll wait years before they announce plans to release it.

5. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i actually really liked energon, and only now I am watching armada....i hate those kids....

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Rhino doesn't have the rights to Transformers anymore. Whoever has it now will have to realease Energon.