Armada . . . and the future . . .

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Deadends Meds, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

I know its been talked about through the preview thread for tomorrow's episiode. But after watching it for the umpteenth time, is anyone else excited for tomorrow evening?!

On another note, I sincerely hope that Prime does stay on for as long as Hasbro has mentioned they'd like it to be. Not since G1 and Beast Wars has a Tformers captivated me as much as this has with the nods and easter eggs to past series, refreshing take on the characters, to the great story lines that have been done so far. Yes like any other over analysed show there have been their pit falls (SilasDown) but overall I think this show from the get go has done great stuff.

Last note, I hope the MMO too will at least give Blizzard somewhat of a run for their money. I know it'll be a WoW killer for me.

That is all, carry on . . .

2. BlueFire11

BlueFire11 Keep on Rolling~

How long did Hasbro say they want it to be? o_o I never found out lol.

NO YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE EXCITED FOR TOMORROW!! I can't wait :D DD I've watched the preview like 7 times.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think everyone is kinda excited for tomorrow's episode.

Also, many members want Prime to last, not just you.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think it's safe to call right now, that's not going to happen. If Star Wars can't do it, Star Trek can't do it, Lord of the Rings can't do it... then Transformers sure the hell isn't.

MMOs are a money pit for developers. I can't believe a few more still continue to be made after so many dismal failures.

But yeah, the preview for Armada looks great and I am really looking forward to it.

5. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

Prime is what happens when you take the character development from past TF series like G1, the CGI like BW, the action scenes from Movieverse, and coalesced them together and form something new out of it.

I will be damned if Prime lasts only 3 seasons.....

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Pretty bold statement.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I kind of agree. TFP's a relatively strong show and of course I'd love for it to have three seasons or more, but it seems to be a recurring theme that television series such as this don't have much luck in the long run. :( 

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Like you I'm stoked for tommorow's episode. I'm just looking foward to seeing how this would lead up with the episode after this one and if Arcee's rivalry with Airachnid will have some sort of cinclusion like Airachnid dying for example.

As for worrying about if Prime will last this long I wouldn't worry about it too much. I was like that too before but thinking about it now made me relize some facts that I also heard other people say. Prime's basically the main brand Hasbro wants to focus on right now hench the speical attention it's getting like the games,toys,shows,etc. why would go this much effort of trying to get Prime on the air if you're just going to get it cancled? Also that it's the Hub's main show so to get it cancled now will only be disatorus. Yes you're worried that it may meet the same fate as Animated but Animated's downfall was a different circumstance where Hasbro didn't know if Animated would be a hit and that CN was being jerks at Hasbro over the copyright deal. Hasbro decided to start form scratch and made Prime along with it's own network so the chances of Prime being pulled off air is very slim. That and it's as of now the most popular show world wide.

Hasbro knows what it's doing with Prime so if they can end it at at elast 64 like they said that'll be enough. If they can go as much as 104 that'll be amazing. Just end it on a proper note and not have it cancled Hasbro that's all we ask for.

9. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

I doubt Prime will last much longer than the 65 episode syndication mark. Assuming that still exists. But I'd love to be wrong.

10. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I'm more nervous than excited. Starcee is on the line.

11. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After Armada I would like to see a quicker pace of bringing in new characters with new models and not reused ones

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well they did say that they want to at least reach 65 episodes. If they can do that which is likley due the huge surrpt the show's getting from Hasbro then that'll be enough.

Besids if it gets canceld all we get for next years is Generations with no show to back it up. There's Rescue Bots yes but that's geared at younger children. Prime's aimed at people who are of older disposition be they older kids or adults. It would a massive dumb move if they get rid of that alone.

13. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Anyone else thinking Arachnid might die by losing control(or someone brakes whatever it is she uses to control them) over her army and gets devoured by them? No...ok. XD;;

Just a twisted ending I think would be fitting for her crimes... for some reason The Scar being killed by his minions scene from The Lion King came into mind.

As for the show ending...I'm not even sure where they are trying to go with all these ancient relics on Earth...so I can't say. I'd rather not have another Season full of McGuffins like this one...unless they go a different direction.

14. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I think it's more likely that she will be killed and as a result, the Insecticons will turn on each other, thus resolving the episode.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Honestly the idea of the Insecticons turning on Airaachnid's not that far off. In fact it's one of the most likely secnerios to happen but we'll see first.

To be fair Animated had it's share of McGuffin lke episodes too but it came out of it later on so I'm sure Prime will too later on.

16. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

You know, I sincerely appreciate all the comments. I was expecting a little flammage for the slightly over the norm fan boyism. However as kaiju impressively put it, 65 episodes means that short term predicts for the show won't reflect longer term goals. From what Ive read unicron will make a reappearance. From what I've seen, the writers (god bless you orci) have a good appreciation for the mythos. I would love to see the "nonbay" fallen appear and if not, then the devils due four horsemen as the return of unicron. Also seeing some new character models/old faces like Rhinox or rid scourge would be Awesome. But then again considering this is not classic animatio, I can understand the financial constraints and the ease of price of slapping new paint on an existing model and calling it hoody hoody.

Being this my first board thread I'm just very happy that others share the same enthusiasm I do.

17. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly hope that this series lasts for longer than 64 episodes or whatever the magic number is; but I am also afraid of what will happen to the show's integrity if it goes on for too long.

This may sound a bit stupid, but I feel that many great series like the X-Files, Bleach, and others have gotten worse for going on too long. Some like Law & Order, Detective Conan, and some soaps (IMO) stay good/okay even after years of running. I don't know how, but I hope Prime can find a way to be interesting to a wide range of people (like X-Files, Bleach, and Naruto) while keeping a story/formula that will allow it to go on for a long time (like L&O and soaps).

18. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    To my knowledge, Futurama is the only show that has accomplished both these criteria. Except for the cancellation.

19. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Here's the thing about people worrying about how long the show will last. The channel it airs on is OWNED by Hasbro. The show will end when Hasbro pulls the plug. It's no longer an issue of when an outside network cancels the show. It's now an issue of when Hasbro wants to move on to a new series.

And I'm pretty excited for today's episode (which I won't get to see until tomorrow, boooo). I just hope Starscream has some sort of role outside comedic effect in this one...though I know that's unlikely. :( 

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    But it's still dependent on retailer and advertiser interest. Hasbro may find that Cartoon Network only keeps shows around for a few seasons because that is the natural life span of shows of this type, before interest starts to fade, the primary audience naturally moves on to new stuff, and advertisers abandon the show.

Stuff like Law & Order has an advantage in that it is aimed at an age group that has settled into their lives and whose tastes and habits have set. They are going nowhere.

Whereas kids shows are aimed at an age group whose tastes and interests change swiftly and often. And the shows a kid loves at age 9 might be "kid's stuff" by age 13.

So it may not be in Hasbro's best interests to try to run TFP forever, even though they own their own network (which is assuming that lasts, too). At some point, it's going to make more sense to start over again and reinvent the brand for another new audience. There's more to shows like this ending than just Cartoon Network being meanies.