Arm Transformations and Design

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Quixote_Prime, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    After I broke my Perceptor trying to get his arms in place, I started to think that most modern tf's whose transformation is hateful or at least irritating have arm problems getting into the altmode.

So to prevent this from being a matter of pure perspective and my probable lack of small-motor skills and endless patience, I ask: is it the arms that usually are the problem? And why?

My guess is that the arms are tough when they rely on the strength of the balljoints on the shoulders (RTS Jazz), don't tab in themselves but rely on a panel (Classics Sideswipe mold or Gen Kup), or seem like they will stress other parts of the mold (RTS Tracks/Gen WJ? -- I don't think all that twisting around bodes well for the future).

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I would say transforming arms is no more or less difficult than transforming legs. I've never really noticed it being an issue.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the wheeljack/tracks mold is alright for the arms if they are in the right place, they stress nothing

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've never really had trouble with any of those moulds.