Arkansas Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by LEADERS_MATRIX, Aug 29, 2003.

1. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Magna Stampid, and, Stockade ( looked at him again) :rolleyes are repaints of BM, Battle Unicorn, and BM tank drone, they come with two of the air minicon team.

2. JBF

JBF Bends minds with a spoon

Hey, I found alternator hounds & dead-ends at the supercenter wal-mart on I-530 (Warren Exit) in Pine Bluff.

I picked up both deadend and the hound. There was one hound left, a silverstreak and a two smokescreens left. Start checking your local wal-marts people.

3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Sorry I havent been posting here much.

I went to Conway and found...nothing...new anyway. The new Target in Conway has PL Battles packed Omega Supreme, Rodimus, Prowl, Snow Cat, Demolishor, and Starscream...no Nemesis Prime though. Conway WM, next to UCA, has PL Battles Omega Supreme. The Big Lots has combiner KO sets with Superion, Defensor, Devestator, and some Tool-Bot.

Seems like the only new stuff I have been finding is either Omega Supreme or the Energon roleplay weapons.

4. LEADERS_MATRIX

Found Energon Strongarm, and Offshoot at the WMSS, on zero, in Ft. Smith. :thumbs2: 
    both in Powerlinx Battles Packaging, the had Omaga in both Energon and PL Battles boxes.

5. JBF

JBF Bends minds with a spoon

Has anyone found any of the new energon combiners or new alternators?

6. LEADERS_MATRIX

Walmart SS on Rogers, has the island display, with all the present combiner bots, pritty cool.

7. panopticon

panopticon I see you!

The Walmart by Hendrix College in Conway has had Alt Hound for the past couple months, keeps a handful of Silverstreaks and recently stocked the occasional Tracks. Don't bother with the Walmart Supercenter by UCA, since they haven't updated most of their TF inventory (or anything else, for that matter) in nearly a year.

8. iacon45

News Credits:
    Sorry, I havent posted here in a while guys. The other day, Russellville Wal-Mart had Galvatron and Scorpinok in PL Battles packaging.

Last Tuesday, Conway Target had a Steamhammer (picked up Stormjet there). Little Rock Target also had Steamhammer and Stormjet then and TRU had some Ricochet. Whether, they are still there I cant say.

As for UCA's Wal-Mart, I can vouch for their TF inventory. Last time I was there, about a month ago, they still had two Energon Rapid Runs.

9. LEADERS_MATRIX

Van Buren WWSS has some of the Deluxe combiners on the shelf, thats it.
    also welcome, panopticon. :thumbs2: 

10. panopticon

panopticon I see you!

Thanks, Leaders_Matrix.

11. iacon45

News Credits:
    Like LM said, its always good to meet a new Arky Transfan.

Russellville Wal-Mart had some Ironhide/Jetfire 2 packs on the top shelf.

12. Brentsg

Brentsg Rodmius Prime Fan

Fyi

I lived in Fayetteville, Arkansas for the last three years until moving to Florida in October. I thought I might drop some info about my favorite places to find some good TFormers. If you are ever in the Fayetteville area, the Wal-Mart by the mall is by far the best Wal-Mart in the region. It is generally always stocked with the newest TF. Also, check out the dumpy Wal-Mart in Springdale as they normally buy in bulk. For instance earlier this year I got Silverstreak, Hound, and Dead End in one visit as they had a display with about four or five of each Alt.

While in Springdale also be sure to stop by Hastings and K-Mart as you can sometimes be surprised to run across a goof TFormer (or chase/variant McFarlane figure). Vintage Stock is also a good place to check, but they rarely have any new TFormers. Besides those two locations also check Wal-Mart in Farmington (off of 6th Street) as they sometimes surprise you with hard to find items.

Also, at all Wal-Marts be sure to check out the clearance isles as well. I recently found a MP Prime for $35 at a local Wal-Mart. As a collector who rarely opens figures, I decided to open this as I already have an open one. The only figures I have that are open are MP Prime and Energon figures: Shockblast, Rodimus, Arcee, (KB Exclusive) Demolisher, and (TRU Canada) Megatron & Prime.

Lastly, there is also a local toy store comic and toy store near UofA campus. I cannot recall their name. Its in a shopping center across from a grocery store and behind Mr. Burger. Easy to find if you know where Mr. Burger is. Anyway, he carries a lot of the Takara Collection figures and other hard to find items. Very cool store to visit. His prices are extremely high, but to get a Takara in Arkansas I can understand...somewhat...

I just thought I'd drop that information so someone else can get some finds in the NW Arkansas area. I will be heading to my hometown, Paragould, over New Year's. Any good ideas of places to check besides the local Wal-Marts? I am looking for the latest Alts. I have them all their Meister (7).

13. iacon45

News Credits:
    I might have to check that place out. Thanks for the info, buddy. :thumb 

14. panopticon

panopticon I see you!

New Alternators wave spotted at Oak St. Walmart

Today I found the newer Alternators at the Walmart by Hendrix in Conway, including Swindle, Jazz, and Windcharger. There are also quite a few Silverstreaks left over. Finally, the toy department looked busy with restocking, so there may possibly be more good things by next week (hope that includes more Grimlocks since I only remember seeing one and he's no longer there...). Happy hunting, the drought's coming to an end!

15. Jon Heird

Jon Heird Going broke...

I don't post, I lurk, but I'll give my fellow Arkie's a headsup.

I waste my time driving around trying to find new stock and never find it. I can give you this heads up about Central Arkansas:

Conway:
    Harkrider Wal-Mart: Had Bulkhead, Galvatron and Silverstreak. That's it. :( 
    Dave Ward Wal-Mart: Had 13(!) Universe Ruinations on clearance for $20, Universe stuff in general on clearance, 35(!!) 20th Anniv. Primes on an endcap marked "clearance". I took him to the nearby pricechecker....$60. :sly2: 
    Nothing else of note in that one, it's kind of a dead WalMart.
    Target - Had Silverstreak, Hound, Dead End, Arcee, Landmine and someone else. Meh.

Little Rock
    Chenal Target: Had Galvatron, Universe Nemisis Strika and Wheeljack. I kid you not. Nothing. Bah.
    Chenal Wal-Mart: Has tons of the two packs for Basics, Deluxes and Jetfire + Ironhide types. Had 2 Powerlinx Battles Primes and some A5, A1 and C5 pieces. That's it.
    Highway 10 Wal-mart: The newest, largest, most expensive and premiere Wal-Mart in the world..you'd think they have the creme-de la-creme? Wrong. Wheeljack x2, Towline x2 and the Deluxe 2 packs. That's it. Terrible. I've been going since opening day and they've had nothing but old stock. They do have that KO Megatron Galaxy Defender dude over on the clearance isle for $7.
    Rodney Paraham K-Mart: Black Unicron on clearance for $30(he's been opened and returned, because he's in the package upside down), Doomlock and Signal Flare. Depressing.
    Chenal Toys R Us: Ah, now we're getting somewhere...right? Right?? Nope. All the Reissues you'd want, all the Megatron + Prime Value bundle ($49 IIRC), a few of the Powerlinx Prime and Midget Megatrons ($39 IIRC), Tons of Scorponox, Landmines and Armada minicon packs. Oh, yeah, no combiner limbs whatsoever. No boxes on top of the shelves, no backstock. No alternators. It's been this way here for 2 months with THE SAME STOCK, none of it has moved. :(  On the flip side, I did encounter empty boxes of Stepper, Dirge, Jazz and Skids. Someone got a 5 finger discount on those...but Skids?!? They have 1 Omega Sentienel.

North Little Rock
    McCain Target: This is the place to shop. Had all the new Alts (Grimlock, Jazz, Windcharger, Swindle) and most of the combiner limbs. Had newer assortments of Megas like Beachcomber, Shockwave, Springer ect. I bought the Alts and combiners, but they restock often, so I know they have them.
    McCain Toys R Us: Again, they have stuff too. They have a cool display of Omega Supreme Vs. Galvatron. They have the new Alts...well, they have 2 Jazz and 2 Windchargers. They have the mini prime vs. megs 2 pack, and lots of re-issues. They have alot of Armada minicons and a few Armada cons left. I picked up a mint-in-box Armada Thundercracker (!) after looking in those little overhead storage bin things.
    McCain WalMart: Boooo. Nothing. Smokescreen. Megatron. That's it.

Jacksonville
    167-67 Walmart: 2 Yellow Unicrons in Black boxes, Doomlocks and Command Ravages. That's it. Even more depressing than K-Mart.

Hot Springs
    Grand Ave. WalMart: I'm pretty sure that's the name of the street...the big Walmart. They have a great selection and had all the combiner limbs that were out last Thursday. No alts though.

Fhew. That's all I could think of to make rounds at. If I missed any places, let me know. Like I said, I make this ordeal of a trip about once a week durring some free hours. Very rarely I get luck like last week, but mostly it's the Same Slag, Different Place. Hit up Targets from what I see, those are the winners.

Hope this helps.

16. Jon Heird

Jon Heird Going broke...

I'm about to go out and do my weekly "run" as it were. Just dropping in to let you know I picked up Alt. Grimlock and Ravage at Target in North Little Rock. My Alt. collection is current! They had another Alt. Grimlock, Swindle and Smokescreen :<

17. LEADERS_MATRIX

All I have found is E. Galvatron, nothing else anywhere.
    Sorry I haven't posted lately, I keep forgeting to post in here.

Its good to see some new faces around here. ;) 

18. LEADERS_MATRIX

I think that there are not going to be anymore YF put out til, summer from the looks of it, that stincks too.

19. Jon Heird

Jon Heird Going broke...

I've all but given up on Brick N' Mortar stores in Arkansas all together. I've found some great deals online in the last week and have a MEGA haul coming in, and I didn't have to drive anywhere to get it.

20. Jon Heird

Jon Heird Going broke...

Also, with news of the Mega clearance going on at TRU stores with the reissues...well, don't bother here in Arkansas, Unless you get lucky in Texarkana. Little Rock and NLR are both full price on alot of things and don't have much selection. They've got enough Energon Ironhides to build an army however. :thumbdown