Ark Playset with Teletraan 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cungitron, Jun 4, 2008.

1. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Umm...I was serious guys. Can anyone do that for me? I would really appreciate it...

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yellow for Ark/Autobot locales, Purple for Nemesis/Decepticon locales. Should there also be a silver for the neutral Cybertron landscapes?

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Take the file to Kinko's. That way, you can choose the stock, get multiples for extra shelves and not worry about damage in-transit. I don't have a printer, so this is what I'm planning to do.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  4. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Dude...I live , basically in a swampy , nowheres ville, shithole currently (Louisiana. I am moveing to New Mexico Saturday). There are no "Kinkos" here in my homeland. There are no McDonalds. There are no Mall's. There are no TRU's. We only have the Dairy Queen. :( .....see my dilemma?

Oh and I doubt the cows can make me some copies...

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    No.

6. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Cant do it man. Im a "computer idiot". Always have been. I cant even cutt & paste right. Appreciate your efforts however. Trust me man, if I could do it myself for free, I would.

7. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Awesome! I'm so lining the backs of my shelves with the "non descript" texture sheets. The only decision is rather to use the orange/Autobot ones or purple/Decepticon sheets.... hmmmm decisions decisions

Great job and thanks BTW mandingo_rex

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Oh damn. Ive wanted something like this since I was little. I may have to display this with my G2 toys just for old times sake, and another with Classics/Alts/BTs for some newstyle awesome.

9. mandingo_rex

mandingo_rex ★★★★★

Thanks guys, I'm trying to keep track of all the posts on all the different sites.

Things have been 100% positive!

I'm asking one thing in return, can you guys please post pics once your display is done?

I have yet to assemble a full-scale one for display, and I know people are curious to see it with figures in-scale.

Thanks,
    MR

10. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Would I have to scale them down to fit with G1 and Classics?

11. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i don't have the ink for multiples....but i might print out one ark and one nemisis panels for my comics

12. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Is there a cost idea of how much getting this printed out at Kinkos would cost?

13. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Cant wait to see some of yall displays

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some pictures of my recently completed Teletraan / Ark not happy with my construction.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

That looks sawesome dude.

Again, can any one do one Ark/one Nemisis for me on some good stock? I would gladly pay...

HELP!

16. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yea, I gotta get access to a higher quality color printer, the one at work sux

Looks good and I'm so jealous of Alpha Trion BTW

17. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

That's really nice, but I think your Teletraan is a little too small for Classics as it is. If you printed those in regular size paper, I'm assuming you had to shrink down the images, and I'm wondering by how much. Right now I'm doing my own model for the SCF/HoC line, and I'm printing the images at 34% of the original size. Looks OK so far, I'll put up some pics as soon as it's done.

18. mandingo_rex

mandingo_rex ★★★★★

One thing I've noticed on a lot of people's backgrounds, is that they're printing them out a tad big. What I'd suggest is doubling up 2 Ark plates (thus scaling them down from 11x17 to 8.5x11 and printing 2 side by side) so that they get a scale of Ark background plates that matches better to the Teletraan-I unit.

Teletraan IS a whole lot more detailed, and I'm thinking about going back and redoing the Ark plates so they're more detailed to match. Scaling them down and doubling up should do the trick though.

I've noticed on some of the Chinese sites that I've been tracking (this thing has spread like wild fire, haha) that the guys are printing them out way too big and when they do that, the crappy Photoshop lines show up worse. They look better printed at a finer scale, where it then appears more detailed.

Good job though TB on your display. The only thing I'd suggest to others is perhaps trying to match the scale of the detail a tad closer when you print so that the 2 pieces look like they go together better, although I think TB's done a good job at not scaling UP the Ark backgrounds. Others I've seen have gone a tad big and it starts looking bad at that scale.

Part of it's my fault, since they were essentially 2 different projects where the second one I spent a lot more time on and did a better job, and then it didn't match the first version. Hope everyone posts pics, I'm not going to SDCC, but I have friends going and they're on the lookout to see displays there!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  19. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

As soon as my printer at work get fixed I am going to print this out on some 100 lbs matte paper.

I noticed that you teletraan-1 sides are 20" tall, what size was this meant to fit?
    Would reducing by 50% be too much for classics?

20. nikkitony1

nikkitony1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I just got back from Kinko's. I scaled down the Teletraan to about 9 inches for the universe line. A little small but I didn't want it to be to big either. 8 1/2 by 11 sheets for it. For the background plates I left them the size they were 11 by 17. I printed all ten sheets (5 ark/ 5 background). The total was 11.85 without the tax. The quality was really good.
    Thanks Mandingo Rex, you did a great job on these.
    Tony

[​IMG]