Arizona Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Sixshot, Jul 8, 2003.

1. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

You'e in luck! Literally just last night, I saw a friggin smorgasbord of Overlords and Sixshots at the Wal-Mart Super Center at Dobson and Rio Salado just off the 202. If I had known this was gonna happen, I would have waited instead of ordering him off of Amazon last month. So yeah, if you can get over there, then you'e made in the shade!

2. SmokedToast

SmokedToast Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip, checked it out. Unfortunately theyve only clearanced it to 30. *is on a tight budget this month*

3. Megasquared

Megasquared I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now.

News Credits:
    Left behind a Rodimus at the Target at 79th Ave and Bell Rd in Glendale.

4. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Got the only leader class figure from Power/Ray Target, Rodimus Prime, this morning.

5. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like the following Arizona TRU stores are closing in Feb due to the bankruptcy:

• 801 W. 32nd Street, Yuma AZ

• 12801 North Tatum Blvd., Paradise Valley AZ

• 9139 Indian Bend Rd., Scottsdale AZ

• 4619 N. Oracle Rd., Tucson AZ

• 7000 E. Mayo Blvd., Scottsdale AZ

• US 60 and Signal Butte Rd (assuming they mean Power Rd)., Mesa AZ

It appears that the 54th/Ray and Bell Rd TRU's are remaining open, but I would expect (much like happened with Borders) that all will close eventually. They're probably just closing them in a phased approach, but this is simply a guess on my part. I hope I'm wrong and the two I mentioned will remain open and functional, but I'm not hopeful.

Looks like Cali got hit the hardest with well over 20+ stores closing!

Link to the article-
    Toys R' Us Looking To Close 180 Stores In US Starting In February

As a huge fan from my earliest childhood memories of taking the bus or being driven by my folks to TRU to pick up Joe's and TF's-- jogging through the aisles as I raced my friends to the action figure section-- I'm saddened to see them go. I know kids these days don't buy toys like our generation did (assuming most are roughly my age), but still. Sad to see the passing of an age.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  6. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

YouTube:
    I rarely buy anything from TRU, but I do enjoy going there. I got my first transformer from TRU back in the day. My Grandpa bought me Quickstrike, and my brother got Spittor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hikaru IchijoSL

Hikaru IchijoSL Imagine Breaker

12801 North Tatum Blvd., Paradise Valley AZ that is the last TRU for me in a close location. I haven't bought anything from TRU since MP Soundwave.

8. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    It is possible that the street noted is correct, but is referring to the Babies R Us there by Wal-Mart and Ross. The report does say BrU's are included in those reported numbers.

Hopefully that means the superstition TrU will stay open!

9. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That could be. Closing the Power Rd store would seem surprising since it's so well traveled, especially during the holidays. I'm saddened by this news because I shop for things other than TF's like; NECA (which is mostly a TRU item), GI Joe, McFarlane, etc., but I've trimmed what I collect significantly over the past few years and TF's aren't even likely to be found at TRU. I still like to look and hunt and peck though.

Anyway, sorry to derail the sightings aspect of this thread. Just felt the TRU news might impact some.

• Like Like x 1
  10. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    I also collect NECA here and there.

It's very disappointing how poorly TrU has done providing collector or overseas TFs like MPs and MPMs, as well as marking their selection at higher prices.

11. Ruminus

Ruminus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's odd how much more TrU charges, on average 3 or 4 bucks...i know it sometimes stops me from buying there even on the rare occasion that they actually have what I want. Even the TrU exclusives were nearly impossible to find, like Cogman. I think he was TrU exclusive right? I think one or two members in AZ found him, but that's it. I'd stop at Ray and I-10 3 or 4 times a month and they'd just have the same shelf warmers and past waves with nothing new for months and what they did have was higher priced than anywhere else. That can't possibly be part of the reason why they're in trouble could it? However, just speaking on Transformers, distribution as a whole has been spotty at best, and what we do find is in very limited numbers except for one or two figures like Hound. Every Wal-Mart I hit has 5 or 6 Hounds and no other Voyagers. Or 10 Overlords in one single store on clearance when he's never appeared in most stores...why? I'm baffled, and actually want to know how and why this occurs. The Wal-Mart in my hood is notoriously bad for never stocking transformers if they have a single figure in a given class on the shelf, even if they have them in back! I've had to get a manager on more than one occasion to bring them out. Anyway, rambling now so I'll shut up lol.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  12. SmokedToast

Dobson and Rio Salado has marked down their overlords further. At least 3-4 at 19 dollars apiece over at the clearance aisle near lawn and garden!

13. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

Shit, I might get a second one just to do that bullshit combined mode from that Japanese comic...

14. SmokedToast

Hah, believe me... I was kind of tempted to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    Earlier this afternoon I saw the full stock of all class sizes for PotP at the Baseline McClintock Target. I took this pic... but didn't buy him. First time seeing him in the wild!

20180202_230054.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ruminus

Ruminus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bummer...couldnt get up to town until today, was hoping to find a remaining Overlord at Wally on Dobson and Rio Salado . Looks like they got cleaned out on clearance. Oh well lol.

17. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Clones on sale at walgreens for $13 20180206_154641-1.jpg

18. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

What's the word on potp wave 2 voyagers and legends? Any luck yet? There was quite a few grimlocks at target., aqua fria hwy

19. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Elita-1 and Hun-grrrrrrrrrrrrrr at Walmart on the 60/Greenfield.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    Oh snap!