"Arise, Magnimus Prime."

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by delta7890, Mar 6, 2008.

1. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course we never got to see (and likely never will) what he might've looked like, what do YOU guys think Ultra Magnus might've become if he was able to unlock the power of the Matrix? What would his new alt mode be? Would he be a better leader than Rodimus Prime?

Maybe he'd become a double-trailered car carrier, or even a road train!

2. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I never understood how Hot Rod became Prime in the end. Sure, they showed Ultra Magnus coudln't handle the stress, but as soon as Rodimus ran into trouble, he started begging Ultra Magnus for help. I personaly think there wasn't one movie character that would have made a good leader.

3. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

If they decided to go that route, I could see the Powermaster Prime mold as Magnus Prime.

~X

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Optimus didn't get an upgrade with the Matrix, so I doubt Magnus would have. Maybe he would have had the confidence to stop using the trailer armor. Basically the whole Rodimus thing was a way to show that Hot Rod had matured. Somewhat...

5. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Well, depending on where your sources are, Prime DID get an upgrade when he received the Matrix.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Well, according to the series, he got the knowledge of all the previous leaders. That's it. And as far as going from Orion Pax to Optimus Prime, that was simply a rebuild. Had nothing to do with the Matrix, expecially since the Matrix didn't exist before the 86 movie, and the Orion Pax episode came before it.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think Trans-Crazy's brother said he a dream where Prime was upgarede to Ultra Magnus.

8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

The movie and series contradict each other, but then the series contradicts itself as well.

It's pretty obvious from the movie that Rodimus was upgraded because he was the "Chosen One." Optimus did not get downgraded when he gave up the Matrix, nor did Magnus get an upgrade, so the whole concept was meant for Hot Rod alone.

As for Rodimus always asking UM for help, remember that the cartoons were written differently back then. These days, there's a core set of writers and a general arc. Back then, people were either requested to write a certain story or they just submitted stories and if the producers liked 'em they were produced. Without any sort of plan or arc, none of the characters actually ever grew.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    so kill your boss and get a promotion

10. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i think he was referring to war within

11. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

It worked for the mob.

12. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I think the Matrix was selective in who it wanted to give a physical upgrade. It deemed Hot Rod's design undeveloped and weak so gave him an upgrade. Optimus didn't change upon receiving the Matrix i assume coz the Matrix found his body of a sufficiently well-built and strong design already. Just guessing.

As for UM getting the Matrix, i don't think he'd have physically chaged either. He's well-armoured already.

13. newguy

newguy i

i think he might have become more like the new movie prime and his trailer would be bigger

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Springerus Prime.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You really cant say that since we were never shown how he was rebuilt.Its possible that being givved the Matrix from Alphatrion was all that was done.

The episode aired before the 86 movie was released but the 86 movie was finished production long before the episode "War Dawn" aired.And as a matter of fact the 86 movie was finished production before they even began production on the episode in question.

16. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

If the movie was already done by the point that this episode was to be started, why not actually put something about the Matrix in the episode? OR was it all made by a completely different team of people that had nothing to do with the series?

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

They were made by different teams of writters and animators.Thats also why so many of the season 2 bots and cons never made it into the film.

Many season 2 bots like Red Alert and Inferno were written into the script and made it to the story board faze of the movie production but were never animated.

Inferno is even listed in the credits in the end of the film.

The real shame is that nether team was in comunication with each other.

18. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

That is a big shame. Even if they fit in those deleted scenes with the season 2 bots, I would have been happy.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

They werent really "deleted scenes" because they were never animated but I agree I would have loved to see it.