Aria-bellum???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Noeldj, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Mornin could someone pleasee explain to me the ancient and revered cybertronian tradition of aria-bellum??? What is it what does it mean and why hasnt kup heard of it ??? Sorry if i posted on wrong thread again im new...

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I don't think Aria-Bellum is fully explained yet, think there was never a mention of it before it appeared in the Rodimus vs. Cyclonus comic book, but it is implied it's an ancient Cybertronian duel, probably where two bots fight one on one in an honorable way. (maybe Megatron and Optimus fighting in the G1 episode 'Heavy Metal War' could be retconned as an Aria-Bellum)

Kup hasn't heard of it because it predates him (and most other Transformers). Cyclonus knows about it because he was rebuilt by Unicron (and is probably infused with ancient knowledge because of that). Hot Rod knows it because he was gifted with a bit of information when he caught the Matrix from falling at Prime's deathbed.

Welcome, by the way :) 

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  3. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Bellum in Latin means war, why thats important, I have no idea.

Anyway, it's because aria-bellum pre-dates Kup, and Rodimus only knew because the matrix decided to NOT be a bitch and infuse him with ancient knowledge.

Well, Cyclonus knew to, but their was no explanation why.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    You're right, bellum means war in Latin. And an aria is a musical composition...so maybe this tradition is an 'ode to war', where two warriors do their best fighting each other in what probably should be considered a spectacle to bystanders...

Cyclonus *did* sort of explain it though: he even said before his reformat he wouldn't have known what it was, implying Unicron has given him the information.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    It's probably a play on antebellum, or before the war. An ancient custom that probably predates the great wars that only those who touched the Matrix or have been infused with knowledge, power, and life by Unicron know.