Argh the pain of missing a delivery

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RobotoChan, Jul 2, 2008.

1. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Got home yesterday evening to find that my new Binaltechs had been delivered from Japan. But I was at work so they are sat in a depot 5 miles away until I can collect them at the weekend :( 

I can't believe they were at my door and I missed them :( 

I want a shiny Meister for my desk.

2. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Last week I was supposed to get my Brave Max in the mail and missed it. There was a note on the door that they'd try again the next day between 12 and 2. 11:00 am to 12 was the longest hour ever!

3. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just missed mine today too :( . you know what tomorrow i'm gonna apply urgent leave from work just to collect the item from the post office.

Nothing or no one's gonna stop me :) .

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I know what you mean. I've missed deliveries because of family complications.

5. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Brave MAX YOU SAY? Congratulations on the score.

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

That's why I get my stuff shipped to work. I will be getting my Omega Supreme today.

7. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You're fortunate in the fact that you own your own business. At my last employer we were allowed personal shipments. My current employer has a shipping and receiving department, and I heard if you have something that's clearly not work related delivered they just toss it in the trash compactor.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wish I had a $1 for every trek I've made to the P.O. with a failed delivery attempt card. Fortunately the Transformers were all worth the wait. :D 

9. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, it especially hurts when you have a lazy mailman, LOL. This guy that used to deliver to us wouldn't even try to deliver packages if he was running late. I live in an apartment complex, I would be home the entire day and when I would go check the mail, I would have a nice little pink slip waiting for me saying "sorry we missed you". He's gone now and I get every package without delay!

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I just hate when they say they tried to deliver a package even when someone was clearly at home to receive it, which up here happens more often then I would like.

11. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    I ordered a laptop from Dell and sat home all day waiting for it. I checked the website and it said attempted delivery after 1pm. Which didnt make sense because I was already home! There was no delivery attmept or big brown truck driving down the street. I called their customer support number and got the usual run around. Needless to say I ended up getting the laptop 3 days later.

What can brown do for you ..... absolutely nothing.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I know the pain. Parcel Force operates a two-strike policy, if they can't get someone who is in on the two times they attempt delivery, then I have to go to their depot a good half-hour's drive away.

That said, they're pretty good and the only time I've ever gone there was to pay off a customs charge and collect on that day. Still (usually) worth (most of) the hassle.