Argh! Packing TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aussiehippy, May 14, 2008.

1. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Well, I'm moving in a week or so, and I thought it would be time to pack up TFs.

I spent a full day (about 7 hours) today reboxing all the G1s and alts and then bubble wrapping loose figs. And I'm not done yet! Still got quite a few left to do tomorrow...

So, am I being too anal, wrapping up each tiny individual minibot in bubblewrap or is it normal to be taking so flipping long about it?

2. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

It's normal. I've made 7 trips from the old apartment to the new one in order to move all my TFs safely. I would pack, move, unpack and checklist. There was NO WAY I'd leave them to a moving company, even if I packed them myself.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I'll be moving in a few months and expect to take ages packing my TF's. I'll wrap all the loose stuff individually also, can't be too careful. Cappeca's got the right idea about moving them yourself, would you trust a moving company with all your TF's?

4. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am very particular about packing my stuff too.

In the two times I have moved I always transport and handle them myself as well. I don't even let my wife or other family helping load them in their cars to take them. They go in my car and I drive them myself just to be sure.

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    yeah it takes forever.
    ggod luck with the move.

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was fortunate that most of mine were already packed when I moved out of my apartment... not because of any preplanning on my part, but because I had so many of them, I ran out of room to display them.

As for the loose one's I didn't wrap them individually, but I did line the box with bubble wrap, put the bigger figures on the bottom, and in between each layer of figures I put a layer of bubble wrap. I was also fortunate to have a month to move out of my apartment, so I was able to move all of my collection personally in my Trailblazer one load at a time. 8 loads later it was all moved.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah taht sucks about moving.

goodl uck on the move.,

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    That's a relief to hear I'm being too OCD about it. I certainly won't be trusting the boxes to any removal man either!

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Took me freaking ages when I moved about 1 - 2 months ago. I was bubble wrapping figures / filling boxes up with foam bits etc.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm finishing up moving. trust me, you can never be TOO careful. put all of your weapons either in a bag with their figure, or all in one place. swords, long missiles, things with hoses, etc LOVE to break, so be super careful with those. I keep all of mine in a tackle (fishing) box.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i too don't have room to display them all, so most stay in the plastic sliding drawer bins i bought for my toys...which makes it easy to move...and i moved them all from one apartment to another in my explorer...only took a few loads, completely packing my car...and i only freaked out once when a buddy of mine dropped one of them...however it was my miscellanious figures box, and nothing fell out, so it wasnt as big of a deal as i thought originally...

if i had to use a moving company, i'd definately put WAY more time into wrapping everything up nice and tight...but i think i'll always move my toys on my own...and everything else too...i've got enough friends who can help...

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I moved across the US last summer. I think it took me like an entire month to bubble wrap every individual TF.

Needless to say, nearly a year after, everything is still in their bubble wrapped cocoons and in boxes.

There is no way in hell I'm opening them up until I have a permanent house to live in.

13. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

i moved 6 months ago and it took almost as long to pack the TFs as it did to pack the rest of the apt.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I just told my TFs to transform and roll out. but only the autobots went, so I was left with decepts.

haha!

15. TGCLightGuard

TGCLightGuard FOR THE ROYALTY!

Ebay:
    Wow.

After reading this I feel pretty bad.

I repack all the ones I still have packing for in the boxes...then I dump the loose ones in plastic tubs (all transformed into alt mode, with accessories taken off and such), sorted by toyline.

Granted, I move everything myself, but still.

16. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh thanks for the reminder, put your TFs in the most boxy form possible. If an accessory can be removed, remove it and put it in a baggie. and of course big heavy items on the bottom, small light ones on top.

Have you checked any of them? I would be pissed to open them a year from now only to find that they were smashed, but because you waited so long the moving company says "oh well too bad so sad".

BTW how goes the house hunting?

17. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    That's why almost all my stuff is packed, I only display few figures, also it helps to keep the transformers without any dust or possible damages.