ARGH!!! I got pulled over!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

...For not changing lanes when there was a parked emergency vehicle. I didn't even know I was supposed to do that, the cop was actually cool about it though.

Got off with a warning.

2. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

Yeah, it's retarded. My wife's sister got pulled over like that and got a ticket. They've been setting traps now for that, no shit. You'll see someone pulled over, and another SHP a few hundred yards down the way will pull you over. Little do you know that the "driver" that was pulled over by the first cop is an undercover one.

3. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I'm glad you only got a warning!

It's not retarded, considering 150 officers have been killed since 1997 from being struck on the highway during a traffic stop. Move Over laws, although not very well known, are a good thing. In fact I wasn't aware of them until our local news did a segment about it.

But yeah, watch out for the times they try to trick people to inform them about it.. or write tickets, I guess. It's always a good idea to get into the next lane anyway.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

It's not that the law is stupid, but that cops do trick people into learning about them. Basicly, it is just another unhanded method of the police to obtain revenue.

5. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I got pulled over a few months back. I know they have been getting more tough on seatbelt laws, but, I thought they were still secondary offenses. Like, they can give you a sitation after they pull you over for something else, like speeding, or running a red light.

I am glad to hear that the cop was cool about it with you.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    same thing happened to me, except that there was an 18wheeler to my left, so I couldn't switch lanes, and he even admitted to noticing that, but I still got a ticket.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I feel like I'm on Facebook sometimes.

8. lilgreenlude93

lilgreenlude93 Well-Known Member

The law goes move over a lane, if you can't then slow down to 20mph below the speed limit. I had the same thing happen to me. Cop asked me if I knew what I got pulled over for. I told him for not moving over because I couldn't, but I did slow down, just not enough. Let me go with a waring.

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    *Insert witty remark here about how cops are corrupt bastards*

Well, they ARE in my book. The power of enforcing the law always goes to their heads.

10. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm waiting for Prowl_Delta's reply on this talk of "corrupt police".

I do understand there are assholes out there that do that, but the sweeping generalization is really uncalled for considering how many good cops there actually are.

11. Deceptikitty

I hate saying "this", but.. this.

Just like every other profession, there are bad apples. It's just that policework can attract (in rare cases) really bad apples, who give the rest a bad name. Most of them are normal people like us, just doing their jobs (and a much more dangerous job to protect our ungrateful hides at that). Just because you get a speeding ticket from a cop who acts like a dick doesn't mean you should start going, "Fuck tha police yo!"

12. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't cops have to meet a quota of tickets or something? Or is that a rumor/lie?

13. Deceptikitty

Although they tend to avoid the question, most police departments don't exactly have "quotas" as much as they have a "show that you did something while you were out and about". As unfortunate as it is for normal people, this usually comes in the form of writing traffic tickets. Think about it - it brings in a lot of money to the county, and they can go about saying they're doing it for the good of the motorists.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  14. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    What many people also don't realize is that the revenue from the tickets DOES NOT GO TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Police Departments run on a budget every year, just like any other government agency, and that budget is allocated by the local municipality. The municipality has a budget, based on tax revenues (which is the largest income that determines the budgets each year). Any ticket revenue is added as miscellaneous income for the municipality which is used to either fund new projects, fix emergency situations (natural disasters), or invested to earn interest for projects further down the road.

15. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In other words if they don't steal enough money from the people they are fired?

16. Deceptikitty

Well, it's not stealing when the person is technically doing something wrong.

Just think about it.. cops have to show that they did something, right? I mean, they can't just park their cruiser in a dark alley and nap. Tickets show that they were productive during the day.

Fixed my original post since I forgot. Deerp. Sorry, my bad.

17. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    No problem, I just posted that as a blanket statement since many people tend to assume that their fine went towards Officer Friendly's Dunkin' Donuts and coffee.

Which to me, doesn't make much sense considering when someone does pay their fines, where do they go to do so? The City Hall, not the Police Department.

18. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

My history with police officers hasn't been great. There are quite a few in my area that really do let the job get to their heads. I'll admit there are a few times when I've definitely crossed the line as well just because I was annoyed at getting pulled over, though. I think that the majority of the time officers really do just want to help.

I was actually pulled over on Saturday night when I was driving home from work. I had no idea what I had done, because I knew that the officer was behind me and I made sure that I didn't speed and came to full stops. You know, the whole deal. Turns out that my passenger side headlight was out. The officer was one of the nicest people I have met in a while! They're all people just doing their job! :) 

19. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    you should've just turned your headlights completely off, that way he wouldn't have noticed it was burned out.

whut?

20. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

TheFaceBookWorld2005.

I like it. Think you can set that up?