Aren't these KOs???

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by anabolik1, Apr 9, 2010.

1. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

2. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Both are KOs.

3. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn someones about to get ripped off big time.. Have you reported this so it can be removed hopefully before the auction ends ?

4. Joelondonzero

Joelondonzero Member

Looks like the second auction has been removed.

Go go go go! Lets get that first one down and be 2 for 2!! :p 

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    reported

6. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Reported--- 12min to go.

7. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

Damn...I guess on the first auction, we all were too late :( 

It says the winning bid was $300 :eek: 

Hopefully, the winning bidder will figure it out or eBay will step in.

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    You read the fine prints in auction #1? :sly2:  It says Devastator Reissue so Bidders whom were engaged in active bidding should know jolly well what they're bidding on, no? :crazy: 

IMHO:

Now IF Seller were peddling a KO but chose to withheld all truth, then that would put him/her/'em in a bad light & they probably deserved to get hanged for their crime.

In this case, the Seller DID mentioned (in fact, more than once) that its a "Reissue" or some sort (And we all know by now that most Sellers would readily term KOs as "Reissues", "Reproductions" etc.) thus I personally felt that Bidders/Buyers should exercise caution & read about item describtions carefully before they even attempt to place a bid.

Remember that the responsibility is yours when you choose to be ignorant/not knowing what you're buying, even more so when you've been told time & time again that its a "Reissue" (or another word, KO, especially if it hasn't been confirmed by official Makers.)

9. Da_Last_2_Walk

It's against ebay policy to sell KOs, so it really doesn't matter if the seller states the item is a KO or not.

If KOs are not permitted on ebay, there's less chance for an "inexperienced" buyer to get scammed.

Others can report more KOs on ebay here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-ebay/187992-more-kos-ebay-22.html#post4714951

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    This could be some poor person trying to buy a collector a nice gift. Too bad.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

12. Automorpher

News Credits:
    Everyone knows that stealing equates breaking the law but hell, there are still thieves doing that right? :p 

I don't mean to start schooling some of us here about selling etiquettes but face it, there're tons of people selling KOs on eBay & we can't stop each & every one of 'em now, can we? :rolleyes2 

What people needs to know:

Awareness & the right amount of knowledge in distinguishing/picking up the real stuffs from the fakes would have helped 'em alot more instead.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No, it's not. There are some differences between the original and a knock-off. Regardless of the minor differences, there are people who still want a figure because it's an original.

As far as the thread discussion, eBay's policy regarding knock-offs has already been discussed. Even the term "reissue" is misleading if for no other reason that it's not accurate.

The only thing I feel inclined to say, personally, regarding knock-offs is that if the seller is completely upfront that the buyer is purchasing a knock-off, I don't have a huge problem with it. This is especially the case if Hasbro/TakaraTOMY aren't able to reissue it in an official capacity.

14. Da_Last_2_Walk

And when thieves get caught, they must face consequences for their actions. Not sure what your point about thieves is about? Are you saying that because people are going to steal anyways, that stealing is ok?

You really aren't schooling anybody about selling practices. Im glad the police don't have your logic!.....There's so many drug sellers on the streets, and we can't stop all of them, so lets just let them sell their drugs.....
    :rolleyes: 

Not all buyers have your "awareness" when buying on ebay. But I know, it's the buyer's fault for being uninformed, not the seller's fault for pulling the scam.

15. Automorpher

News Credits:
    First off, I'm not saying that its alright to steal, nor do I support the idea of theft. :) 

I'm trying to say that there's so much of these Sellers out there that's selling KOs on their blogs, websites & auctions & that we can't round up every single one of 'em...

Still can't see where I'm coming from? Let me quote you a real life example next:

I was made an unknowing victim a couple of years back when I purchased Reflector off eBay, without even knowing that those were fakes/KOs. Seller advertised 'em as Microx & I took his words for it & bidded sky-high for those pieces. It was only upon receiving 'em then I realised that they were actually KOs produced by a Taiwan company. :cry 

Yeah, I got screwed big time that last round. :eek: 

Yet I blamed no others but myself for I lack the necessary knowledge to differenciate & tell the differences between these pieces. Taking all these in my stride (a.k.a "lesson well learnt") I do plenty of read ups from then on so that I can avoid "history from repeating itself again." :p 

So in a nutshell:

We learnt that not everyone's gonna play nice ball game with ya. However, you definitely have a better chance to detect/avoid freefalling into that dark abyss if you're armed with knowledge.