Are You Worried The Transformers Sequel Will Tank Like The Matrix & POC Sequels?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 1, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I am worried that TF2 is going to suck like The Matrix and Pirates of The Caribbean sequels did.

The first Matrix and Pirates movies were really great and much-hyped. Fans were pumped for the sequels and then........the HUGE LETDOWN........THEY SUCKED!!

I'm HOPING BEYOND HOPE that the TF sequel(s) DO NOT go the same direction as those two movies!!

TFs was a GREAT first movie and I hope we don't have a huge letdown ala Pirates and The Matrix.

Are you worried about the same thing?

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

It is needless to say. All TF fans would be disappointed, some will say expected it, but I'm underneath they're still very sad.

3. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im worried that the second movie might bayformerise all subsequent TF lines.

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Will people please stop using that stupid BAYFORMER word!?!

Back on topic, I am sure the sequels will be better than the ones before. I swear, there is so much negative talk about Transformers movies in general, we have been through this enough... Everyone whined about the first one, and every little detail.

QUIT THE NEGATIVE TALK AND THINK POSITIVE FOR ONCE!

5. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Optimism leads to disappointment, pessimism leads to pleasant suprises.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Yup, because the first one did the same exact thing! Why, just look at the new Universe 2.0 toys and Transformers Animated, they have Bayformers writen all over them!

...as for how the sequel will do, I'm gonna say not as well, but still 'respectable'. (I put respectable in quotes because no matter how awesome the film is, it's never going to be 'respected' by critics and the like.)

7. O_Prime05

O_Prime05 Katsohiten Prime

Like Spoiler said guys, quit thinking negatively. We all know that all the fanboys didn't like the movie. Why? Because it didn't stick to the mythos and everything that the Transformer universe was about. Bay couldn't have done that with a live-action movie, it just wouldn't be possible. There will always be something about movies that the hardcore fans don't like. Look, I go into every movie from a casual fans point of view. IT HELPS TO ENJOY THE MOVIE BETTER! You can't go into these movies expecting the same thing you watched as a kid. It just isn't going to happen.

So to answer your question, I don't think it will. I'm pretty sure Mr.Bay has a good head on him to know not to make it a "filler" movie as I like to call them to get to the 3rd film. There have been let downs before but here's to hope.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I'd hardly call the potc n matrix sequels tanked.

they may have been panned but they still performed well.

plus ur accusation that they suck is purely subjective, yeesh.

9. O_Prime05

You know I think the 3rd matrix was a bit of a letdown. I still liked the movie and like to watch it from time to time but it wasn't it what it could have been. Anyways this isn't bout that movie it's bout TF!

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nope. Just the way TF1 left off, the sequel can't be all that bad.

11. O_Prime05

Yeah I loved the ending to the movie. It left it open just enough for the sequel. It kinded of hinted too that we'll see more Autobots in the next movie. I hope so.

12. bumblebee79

bumblebee79 Well-Known Member

I loved the 1st movie for what it was, and i'm very hopeful the second movie will be just as good if not better.

13. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

well if it does suck no one is forcing you to watch it so i suppose you could just watch the first one and leave it at that

14. O_Prime05

That's true. But I don't think Michael Bay is gonna let them ruin such a great franchise.

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, and I don't get all the negative pessimism that seems so prevalent around this series of movies. Especially when the first one, IMPO, respected the source material as much as it could while creating something that was accessible by the people who were really going to pay for this film (note: not the whiny fan-boys)... the average movie goers.

Purely opinion. To you the Matrix and Pirates sequels may have been 'huge let downs' and 'they sucked', but I'm sure not everyone shares that opinion unanimously. In fact I'm going to say that I enjoyed all three Pirates films and I thought (note: I am expressing my opinion) the finale was excellent. The Matrix movies were also enjoyable IMPO and while I thought that Revolutions was a bit of a let down (I guess I just didn't like the fact that almost everyone dies)... I still think that it was a good movie and well written... after all... we can't always have happy endings can we?

Here I'm in agreement with you, but not because I thought that those movies 'sucked'. No, I agree because I want something even more epic for Transformers out of the next two films... something on the scale of LotR. Can you imagine a Transformers movie take on the Battle at Helm's Deep? An epic fight where the Autobots are pinned down in a city trying to protect (insert random Cybertronian artifact that somehow wound up on Earth) and they're being attacked by hordes of unknown Decepticon cannon fodder? Yeah, that's my hopes for the movies and while that may not ever happen... if we end up with something as well written as Dead Man's Chest, At World's End, Reloaded or Revolutions... than I'll be very happy man indeed.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not worried in the least, but the only thing I hope is for more dialogue between the bots, especially the decepticons.

17. O_Prime05

I agree with all your view points. I thought POTC 3 was a great, epic end to a wonderful franchise. If the writers don't start going out into left field with the script then I think we'll be in good hands. Hell, the guys who did the first script were big TF fans and I thought the script was amazing. They did a great job of taking the cartoon, giving it a real world feel, and updating it for modern times. So I'm not worried one single bit about the 2nd movie. I think I'll like it no matter what. Unless, like I said, they go out into left field and just be stupid with the script.

18. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Ironically, I was let down by PotC3 because I felt the story just started throwing things out there at the end, and the final fight was a massive let down and waste of potential. I mean here you have these two *massive* armadas ready to go at it, just sitting there fully prepared to go to war, and they all just sit back and wait as a random water godess appears out of no where and only two ships actually fight. That's not to say the fight wasn't awesome, I'm just saying it would have been even awesomer if the rest of the boats were fighting around the main ships.

Plus, why didn't the chick just join 'Davy's' crew at the end? She loves being a pirate, she loves being with the guy, why not do both and join him as an immortal pirate lover?

And other then the wierd babyface-billion-bugbot thing at the end of the Matrix, I thought how they finally settled that was pretty decent. It was a total and complete end to the war, can't get more final then that.

Oh, and TF2 will kick ass!

<.<

>.>

Edit:
    I thought there was talks of a 4th being in the works? or is that just rumors?

19. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I agree the Matrix sequels were pretty bad. The things Transformers has going for it are 1. the different director and 2. the different writers. Whoe knows what they will produce, hopefully they can make the sequels work.

The other thing TF has going for it is that there were huge obstacles in the way due to the budget. So this was more of an introduction to be build on. It was a good movie, but it shouldn't be that hard to make or we should be surprised if the next one is much better.

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    This sentence is confusing. Did you forget to use include a verb in the second half of the sentence? Perhaps "be" instead of "this" would help the sentence make more sense, since it's, y'know, at the largest font size available on the site.