Are you waiting to see the whole combiner moving forward?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 31, 2012.

?

When do you plan to buy combiners?

1. Buy it as soon as each figure is released, I don't need to see it finished

12 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. I want to see it finished, but I am definately buying V1

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  3. I'll wait till V2, you guys can beta test the product for me

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. I'll wait for the box set, hopefully that will save me some money

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. I'll wait to see if any other 3rd Party company is releasing the same combiner

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  6. Ehh, screw combiners!

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    OK, so with Hercules people where in from the word Deva... They didn't even need to finish a sentence and people knew they were getting it.

However with all these new combiners, are you planning on waiting to see the whole combiner before buying? Are you planning to wait for a gift box to save some money? Other?

2. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

With TFC i'll wait as I don't like the scale for superion, with FP menisor, I would pre order it now, the whole set without even seeing the other 3 members.

3. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

I already have the first 2 TFC Jets pre-ordered, I have Hercules & Yellow Giant, even despite the issues they had I know that TFC, Maketoys & other 3rd party companies will stand behind their products and give the fixes if they are ever needed.

4. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

I don't know what option to choose, as for me it depends all on the individual combiner. I've decided to pass on Uranus: too big and expensive, I don't want to dwarf my FP Bruticus and I'd rather Devastator to be bigger than the other combiners, so I'm happy with the FP Superion I bought from a fellow member (thank you again, mate!).
    Instead I am pre-ordering Menasor ASAP, unless FP decides to make it a FPC exclusive for a while as they did with Steelcore: in that case, I am going to wait for a regular retailers release.
    Finally, I'd rather see the whole of Maketoys Computron before jumping on board.
    BTW any further Hasbro combiner that proves to be a bit less shitty than Bruticus might push me into buying it instead of a more expensive 3rd party version.

5. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am kinda on the edge on this one I do want to get all the pieces as early as possible but at the same time I want to see a finished image of the complete thing before I start to make my initial purchase

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I can't vote because there are too many factors.

TFC Superion. If I learned anything from Hercules it is that you can get the set for much cheaper buying it as a complete set. Add to this that Silverbolt will make or break the set and we haven't seen him yet and you get my "wait and see" stance on this.

FP Menasor... bought on site. 1. I love FP. 2. FP toys generally go UP in price. 3. First full FP combiner. 4. FP has amazing prices which makes buying their items easier.

For me it depends on the company and the combiner. With Devastator done, the only combiner I am excited about is Menasor (in general not only because FP is making it). The only other combiner I am anxiously awaiting is an FP Abominus. This set may put me over the top because what really has me gushing is the Alt modes. Imagine those FP manga styles on the Terrorcon's monster modes mmmmmmmm.

So, sorry Al, can't really help you because these are too many factors involved in making this decision.

7. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I went with V2 but I don't know if I'll be patient enough.

8. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I don't mind buying them as they are released. With TFC as an example, my hope is that they learned alot from Hercules and instead of replacement parts for issues, there will just be no issues and they'll know better with Uranus what to do.

Also, there are an awful lot of that 2nd grey boxed set floating around. Yes, they are cheaper now, I think you can get all 6 for around $500.... I want to buy them as they come out just in case they actually make LESS this time. Making more only makes sense if they sell - if retailers don't WANT more Uranus because they're still sitting on V2 Hercs? I dunno - if I were TFC I'd consider making less of Uranus, that's all. At least for its second issue, if there is one.

9. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    I voted for the last one, since I have no plans to spend huge amounts of $$$ on these (I kinda wish I did though)

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For TFC Superion I'm definitely waiting to see the final product with all 5/6 bots before buying anything. But with FP, they have such a good reputation with their stuff being solid on the first release that I'm probably just going to buy them as they come.

11. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Waiting and seeing. I'm hopefully optimistic for TFC Uranus and FP not-Menasor. Beyond that, who knows?

12. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Went with V2 as I'm careful with my cash and usually only buy after reding a lot of reviews. If I have the cash though I'll be really tempted to preorder Maketoy's Technobots as I'm really buying that for the individual bots, not so much the combiner.

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    You don't have This option but in waiting to see the whole thing and will go from there. Not "definitely" buying anything.

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Isn't TFC the only ones that sell shit before the completed product is actually finished and revealed?

Anyhow, I'm with deac. Odd that there isn't an option of "I'll decide once it's been revealed."

15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    There's no one answer, for fps not stunticons I'll be in from the get go as their stuff has such an excellent reputation and few gremlins but with tfcs not superion I'll be taking a wait and see approach, lots of stock of hercules still around for one thing, the stories of flaws and fixes another.

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    The answer is it depends on the company for me.

FP? Order blindly.
    Maketoys? Order blindly

TFC? no way, this time I am waiting, IF I will ever consider.

17. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Wow, really? Did you get Hercules? Was it that bad of experience for you?

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'm a fan of Hercules and I would still never order blindly with TFC again. They pull too much stupid shit. They start you out with faithful G1 representations, but then they pull shit out of left field like adding an extra member to the combiner team or look for random parts to paint black just for funzies.

19. Destron Leader

Destron Leader G1 all the way.

I already pre-ordered the first two parts of Project Uranus, I have Hercules & Green Giant on its way, even with the issues they had I know that these companies will fix their products they are ever needed.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    It's not a "bad experience" per say. Its a mediocre experience, like a roller coaster ride. Ups and downs man. The second revision fixes some perm problems on first. In retrospect? I'd probably sell Hercules and keep my 2 giants.

Right now, my Hercules is posing, but its thighs in general makes it weaker, EVEN with the fix, compared to the solidity of Giant. I prefer, when I am thinking, to play with Giant than to play with Hercule.

Its mediocre at best.

But FP? I have never been disappointed. Maketoys either. I have 3 tankers and 2 giants from them. All solid stuff.