Are you taking your kids opening night?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by siekone, Apr 21, 2009.

1. siekone

siekone TeletranX

News Credits:
    I know a lot of us here have kids and was wondering how many of you take your kids on opening night? I did not take mine the first night but we did see it 3 times together.

2. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    at least openning weekend but when they get the rotf game they will be stuck inside playing non stop much like me

3. terradas

terradas Member

News Credits:
    Haha, I'm married and own a home (no kids) and managed to bring my parents, brother and friend from the other side of the state with me to the midnight showing last time and heaven help me, I'm gonna do it again!

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    No. We're waiting for the torrent.

5. esham976

esham976 Well-Known Member

no, atleast not to the 1st showing. i don't wanna deal with daddy i gotta use the bathroom or can i have another pop. I'm going by myself to enjoy it without the distraction. then on the weekend when there mom is off and can go and do the bathroom and pop popcorn runs they can see it.

i see all the movies i wanna by myself at 1st then take kids later durning matinee price hours

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll go with the gf to the midnight showing, then if it isn't too violent or whatever, I'll take my daughter to see it that weekend. She's (almost) seven-years-old, but really likes TF's and has already made it clear to me that she wants to see the new movie.
    Honestly, if it's too violent or intense, I may have to make her wait a little while.

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

If i can get the time off for opening day I will, otherwise will be opening weekend.

As for the bathroom and snack issues, I got him matching my routine of stopping to pee before we sit down and after we get snacks. Works out well usually.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't have kids, But I'm probably going to be there.

9. esham976

esham976 Well-Known Member

yeah i do the whole snack and bathroom thing b4 the movie starts but my kids (3) atleast the 2 youngers ones gooble everything down within the first 15mins of the start of the feature film and then it's the [whisper] dad i gotta use the bathroom, dad can i go get another pop or refil. and because there so young they cant go by there self and the oldest will get pissed if i make him take them and he will tease and torcher any younger sibling that makes him do something dosen't wanna do. so i'll be sitting by myself june 24 for the 1st showing of transformers.