Are you SUPPOSED to not like Pyra Magna?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Hyoumaru, Apr 2, 2017.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NOPE!

Pay attention....You listening? Okay......I was disclosing a couple of the reasons this sequel will continue to under perform in the US box office just like that last 2 did. That way you can't say you didn't learn anything despite "not asking for it".

Guess that works both ways. :) 

2. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why do you care about paramounts profits

3. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do u own stock in them, maybe u shoud disclose ur theories at the next board meeting

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

The last two? Revenge of the Fallen was the highest grossing TF movie in the US, and Age of Extinction broke a billion worldwide, roughly tying Dark of the Moon for best performing overall.

I don't even like the TF movies, and I think it's clear you're in 're-write the facts to fit your own personal prejudices' territory.

The 'I'm ok with some female characters*, just not these others who I view as too strong,' is not the slam-dunk of an argument you seem to think it is.

Considering how loudly you're whining about it, up to and including kicking and screaming about the music used in commercials in the comic forum, maybe you shouldn't try tossing around terms like 'crybaby'. We've got enough irony in your comments already ^^

*Protip, try using the word 'women.'

Also? Pyra is literally a truck and Strika is literally a tank!

People who are literal trucks and tanks are strong! It's not even figuratively a tank, it's 100% literal 'she is an armored vehicle with guns.' How far does someone's head have to be stuck in the ground to care more about their perceived gender roles than someone being a heavily armored vehicle?

Strika's not the only PoP to take a punch from a combiner for that matter, it's one of the ways the writers have indicated 'this person is really tough,' before. Can't win a fight with one of course, but it's an established level of TF toughness.

• Like Like x 2
  5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You think they'll listen? It seem that they did with that Survey from a few years ago...

Bay-Fanatics tend the throw it's success in peoples faces whenever they expose Bays crap. Though unlike them I tend to see the bigger picture!

Therefor bringing up Paramount's continuously diminishing returns in the US will hopefully result in a fresh reboot by a director who gives a shit about more than just the effects or Hasbro finding another studio that does. I was only bringing it up in this thread as proof of a growing annoying trend that Hasbro finds itself using in various TF lines when it comes to overdoing the tenacity of certain Fembots and female characters in general.....Like Pyra Magna in IDW.

It's like who the hell is she to question Optimus as a Prime after winning a 5 million year war while she hasn't reportedly done shit besides becoming a combiner thanks to Arcee stealing the Enigma of Combination in the first place... I don't like her personality, I dislike where her role is leading and I don't like Barber feeling the need to bench Superion for Victorian to shine either....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  6. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Moderator

News Credits:
    From here on out let's keep it on how we feel about Pyra Magna.
    There's already plenty of available threads to debate about the rest.

- Waffles

• Like Like x 2
  7. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Exactly. I'm not sure I consider Pyra likable, so much as I like the character dynamic set up between her and Optimus. And let's face it, Optimus is running a dangerous game here.

Exactly who wanted to annex Earth? Optimus. And what actual official sanction he has right now is really unclear. Starscream is Cybertron's actual ruler. The Autobots are still a signifigant faction, but hardly all on board with what Optimus is doing. And now he's got a lot of support from Caminus just because he's a Prime. On wrong move and the Cybertronian race fractures into a bigger mess than the last civil war. To make matters worse it turns out Earth has a lot of connections to Cybertron, and that puts a big target on the planet from a lot of other races.

And let's not forget Earth. Humans really don't like Cybertronians, and honestly can you blame them? They drag their war here, and a billion people die. They won't stay off the planet, and keep acting like they know better. Yeah IDW humans can be real unlikable jerks, but it's not unrealistic. And of course this whole annexation thing only makes it worse.

Optimus is right now walking a tightrope trying to keep the human race alive, help keep the Cybertronian race from fracturing again, and trying to be a good bot. He's got good intentions, but you know what they say about good intentions. And he's using one of the few sources of capital he has, the fact that Camians will follow him, to achieve this. He's dragging them into a holy crusade, but he doesn't actually believe he's holy. He abuses his power too much, he becomes a corrupt tyrant like the Primes of the past. He doesn't use the resources he has, the human race gets wiped out by somebody. Maybe the Dire Wraiths, maybe the Black Box, maybe some aliens who were the badguys in some other Hasbro property.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

My money's on the Inhumanoids!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I would love an arc where the Black Box starts diplomatic relations with earth goverments, and start plotting together against the Cybertronians with earth hailing the Black Box as their deliverers from the Cybertronian tirrany only to find out the Black Box (obviously) have an agenda of their own.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Or better yet: a scenario where the Black Box and the Galactic Council both court the earth goverments, only for the Black Box to win due to their more aggressive and more immoral stance on Cybertronians. The Black Box would turn humanity to the dark side so to speak over an extended arc with the Galactic Council and Cybertronians doing some soulsearching as a result.
    Man, that sort of thing would be a dream come true!

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    does anyone think that the Torchbearers other than Pyra Magna are being neglected? or is their lack of exposure in the comic an appropriate amount for them?

• Like Like x 1
  12. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I do think this, yes. I would like to hear more about them. This is where spotlights might be handy.

13. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The 'copter twins are apparently having a role in First Strike, and the car girlfriends got a bit of focus in the TF Annual.

14. Calvatron

Calvatron Active Member

My only problem with Pyra, is how can anyone who believes they should be the prime be so myopic? She literally sees nothing except what helps her pick apart optimus, and spends zero effort on anything except passive agressive sabotage.

She's already a team leader, who follows someone like that? She has shown zero character growth, and she went immediately from believer to "stupid, stunted starscream" and thinking you'd do it better and undermining his boss are starscream's defining characteristics. She didn't even have a single moment of good faith in optimus. How can anyone relate, she's obviously the worst candidate for upper management tfs has ever seen. No growth, no nuance, and she is so black and white that it's impossible for her to be anything but the character you want dead and gone as soon as they get any characterization. She's ralph from the sopranos, but worse and without redeeming qualities. Not a good foil for optimus. Just a fool who should be put in the brigg for insubordination. I wish optimus would give her the matrix just so she could be shown how inept at politics she is. Though, seriously, i wish she had had an measurable arc where she lost faith in his leadership in increments and her stubbornness didn't go from blind faith to disgrunted employee in one instant. It's really poor character development.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    And the funny thing is, I think there was a brief moment in the beginning when I liked her somewhat. But that must be a long time ago.

16. NaSMaX

NaSMaX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm getting a sort negative flipside of Starscream from her. In the sense that she's plotting to take Optimus' spot. And Optimus is taking a cue from Megatron and keeping her close like Megatron did to Starscream.

17. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Eh, I don't view her as that shallow. She's placed herself in the role of cross-examiner to be sure, but let's remember she actively militarily supported Optimus as Victorion, and still does.

18. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

This!

Shes basically written like Metalhawk, just swap out Prime with Bumblebee. People questioned if they should've like/hated him as well.

downloadfile-1.png