Are you SUPPOSED to not like Pyra Magna?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Hyoumaru, Apr 2, 2017.

1. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

It's kinda funny you're saying I shouldn't read what you actually wrote about fembots being too strong as 'excessive PC crap,' I should instead pick your brain to find out what you *really* meant (and I don't see how you being ok with some fembots means you didn't complain that Strika being tough is 'excessive PC crap.' Strika), but you didn't actually bother to read my entire post.

Clearly, I need to brush up on my telepathy if I want people to read my arguments ^^

2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was also thinking Prime's "Superman" to Elita's "Maxima" but I doubt it would've mattered to you to since your goal at this point is to antagonize.

But to everyone who weren't clear on my point... Elita's character being relative to Catwoman or Maxima's wasn't as important as the ongoing rifts her and OP may have due to whatever future circumstances they'd face.

Stupid is you trying to turn this conversation into a knife fight. I can dislike the way a few female Autobots are being portrayed in a comic book w/o that automatically making me the Bill O'reilly or Sean Spicer of the damn forum!

My points were valid and I stand by them and if you're too dim to comprehend them, to damn bad! Find another way to "amuse yourself" because I'm done talking at you....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  3. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    (Sigh.....) By "Picking my brain" I meant acquiring further detail before declaring that person an enemy of the state simply because he's not a fan of something that you like.

I'm clearly not the only one with issues with Pyra, otherwise this thread wouldn't have been created. And Hasbro/Transformers/IDW catering to Feminist is one of a few possible reasons for them overdoing Pyra's abrasiveness. If you disagree, fine.

4. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

That's not what I did- I reacted to your, shall we say, impressive leap of logic, with surprise and then pointed out flaws in it in the rest of the post you didn't read.

That's another thing- pointing out your over-reaction is not calling you an enemy of the state, and to state the obvious, you rather went overboard with your initial statement so it's hardly a surprise it draws a reaction, is it? Going off far into left-field gets a response.

Other people have problems, sure, but you immediately leap to saying that it's a problem with 'feminists' and 'excessive PC crap', not mild statements. based on Pyra's abrasive in a comic where half the people are abrasive and where the women have a wide variety of character traits. I mean, consider who filled this role with Optimus before she did- Prowl, and I don't mean just the last incident. Lots of people call out Optimus.

Also? You named Strika, one character who has always been a brick and a half, as another 'example' of this for being tough. Which, really goes to show that this is not about only Pyra Magna for you. Strika's always been like that.

To put it another way, your current statements are this:

[​IMG]

Don't be like that comic.

Other people have issues with the character (though I'll also note 'not liking' a character isn't the same as them being poorly done or such, as the Op itself is asking if we're supposed to dislike the character, which is a valid writing approach), you have chosen to make this leap to making it all about gender, and you don't seem to be making it on much, or at the least, you seem to be poised to blame gender-related factors first, others later.

And hey, if that is not your intent and such, maybe you should re-think your statements and approach, because that is what you are telling us in fairly unambiguous terms. But don't make very straightforward statements and then when you get called on it, get mad at us for not assuming you meant something other than what you said. You can rewind, analyze, and come back, and I'll accept that, but so far, what you are telling me is that you blame character traits you don't like on gender issues.

• Like Like x 8
  5. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    When Hasbro and Paramount are literally making Movie trailers borrowing themes from "Tampon Commercials" the idea of them pandering to feminist groups is warranted....END OF STORY!

Besides...if you bothered reading my post you'd have already seen that I brought up Prowl yesterday so don't expect me to read 10 paragraphs of you lecturing about God knows what.
    I'm done.

6. GoLion

GoLion Sé que me estás robando

News Credits:
    I like that there are times I dislike her. She's an interesting character. Unlike Windblade, who doesn't have any chracter, Pyra has some depth.

To clarify: Windblade has improved recently. I'm still not a fan, but she's not as sucky as she once was.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GoLion

News Credits:
    Integration doesn't work like that!

8. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Yea, this isn't helping you seem like you're doing any less kneejerking, quite the opposite. 'They use music from another source therefore feminism,' is not the convincing argument you think it is. Heck, it's not even a negative thing, using music to appeal to people is called marketing.

Short version of all the paragraphs you don't like? "Attributing things you don't like in a character to feminism because they're a women is inane, and that's what your statements say you are doing."

Point of Prowl? There's bots way more abrasive than her that act similarly. She's 'too' abrasive, but Prowl clashed with Prime a dozen times and is way more of a jerk and it's only post-combination that it came to blows.

Decepticons have attacked Optimus outright only for him to disengage and just let it go. He is willing to take punches.

You aren't holding things to consistent standards.

9. GoLion

News Credits:
    Slowly remembering why i'm posting less.

10. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

That's why they're bad at math!

• Like Like x 1
  11. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really disgraceful how they're trying to market transformers to little girls dont they understand that its for little boys

12. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    YoungPrime, stop being such a hot damn mess.

• Like Like x 3
  13. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Enjoy your weekend as well Starscream. :D 

14. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Pyra is like Optimus, and a lot of other characters, flawed. There's that saying about never meeting your heroes, or in this case gods. Camians revere primes, but look at what's happened with the two Pyra has met. Onyx wiped out a villiage on Caminus, and killed Pyra's superior officer. Optimus? Yeah not the perfect paragon of perfection that their faith promised.

And her faith is a major part of Pyra's character. Like a lot of Camians it's intergral. And here's Optimus manipulating her fellow Camians using their faith to meet his goals, and admitting he doesn't believe in it. That's got to be infuriating. Imagine a born again Christian's meeting Jesus, and being told they are using the bible to get people to do good deeds, but don't believe in god themselves. Prime is decieving the Camians and others who believe in Primes to achieve his own goals, no matter how noble those goals are. How can you trust and believe in someone who'd do something like that?

And don't forget Prya doesn't know Optimus like we do. She wasn't there for the false Primes, or the great war. Optimus Prime in IDW is hardly flawless. He messes up. And he never really wanted to be a Prime. He'd be happy to just go back to being Orion Pax, and going around the galaxy helping out. But the universe won't let him do that. Optimus Prime did not choose greatness, it was thrust upon him. And now he's gotten all these religious followers... Sure Optimus could use them to overthrow Starscream. And start another great war. At the same time he can't just destroy their faith.

And Optimus wouldn't be able to try running Cybertron anyways. Remember when all the NAILS came back he had to go into exile, as they didn't think he was any better than Megatron.
    Big difference. Prowl's been pulling shit behind Optimus back for millions of years, and was basically gloating about how now part of him was always going to be in Optimus, influncing his actions. Half the Autobots alive right now would gladly punch Prowl in the face, and a good chunk of the rest would probably kill him given the chance. Remember Chromedome throwing him off a cliff? Prime was willing to give his old friend another chance, when most of his fellow Autobots wouldn't. And Prowl kept going off on his own and doing things without running them by Optimus, cumulating in forcibly using the Enigma on Optimus, Ironhide, Mirage and Sunstreaker, and then trying to use it to make a big Optimus Prowl would control.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Remember everyone, if something appeals to you, it's just right and proper, but if you think it might be appealing to someone other than you on purpose, well that's just pandering and clearly the biggest evil a writer can commit ^^

• Like Like x 3
  16. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Well, the girls who do like Transformers like it for what it already is. They didn't ask for a live action Kim Possible standing up to Megatron or baby Dinobots that remind you of Glow Worms or My little Pony in the films. But that's Paramount being desperate and Hasbro being greedy. I only hope this influence doesn't impact IDW any further.

As for the initial question, regardless what they intended I never liked this Victorian set and I usually collect all Generations figures. Granted IDW's perception of the the group could've won me over as they have with other characters (That includes Female ones to, so relax crybabies!) but as far as this current arc is going I would've preferred seeing much less Pyra Magna having hissy fits and more from the current opposition Rum-Maj, since you know they're likely to kill her off soon anyway...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  17. hardlurk

News Credits:
    advertisements arent about giving people something they asked for, they're about instilling a desire to buy a product

ur mad that paramounthasbro isnt properly advertising a movie to u

18. hardlurk

News Credits:
    pyra's thing is that she thinks optimus is unfit to be prime

the reason optimus doesn't beat her down for this insubordination is, he agrees with her; he hates the religious trappings of the office and he would much prefer it if the world would behave itself so that he didnt need to step in and rule it

• Like Like x 2
  19. gregles

gregles quintesson

Hadn't really bothered to form an opinion on her at all as she seems like another victim of barbers limited writing style where every character is a slight variation of a well meaning nier do well character. It seems a pretty standard way of writing Optimus prime having some other character like Grimlock question his every decision.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AnomusPrime

AnomusPrime Very sane, not crazy at all

You are the largest crybaby here, in case you haven't noticed. You don't like something, fine. You don't like it based on your gender perception? NOT FINE. Pyra would have been the exact same character regardless of her gender, and that is part of the reason I like her. Her little comment may be misplaced, but it's nothing compared to the delightfulness of her stance and motivations.

About "pandering" to females, so what? They are only allowed to "pander" to male? With comics industry's excessive objectification of female characters, TF comics has been refreshing for sore eyes. And now you come complaining their ads(which I've never seen) and new toys are "pandering" to female? Well I love the pandering then. Give me more strong female characters like Pyra, and hopefully Strika, I'll keep buying their comics, and maybe even their toys.

If any one would think Pyra and Strika are "too strong or strong-minded" to be realisticly female, they clearly have not known enough females in their life. At least acknowledge that there are physically strong, even very large ladies that can trash you with ease. And let me tell you, the worst possible tormentor you could have in your life may very well be a woman.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3