Are you still playing with your Wii?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DevilzFan, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    it really is an awesome machine

I'm REALLY hoping to see them make a DVD Channel for it, that we can download. It's already got the DVD drive in the thing, it just has nothing to process the movies so we can watch em.

That and they need VGA cables.

Having the internet on it, is amazing, but it would be nice to be able to read the text without zooming in and out. I can log on and watch youtube for hours, check me email, bank account, myspace, ON TOP of all the different games it's capable of playing.

truely an amazing machine

2. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Yeah they've been talking for awhile about adding DVD software to it since the hardware is already there. I see it coming, but Nintendo has said from the start their focus is on the gaming, so DVD playback is not a priority for them.

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I havent finished all of my games, I hit the Wii every chance I get. It's hard juggling so many unfinished games but I try to play the Wii as much as I can. I am only a few hours away from finally completing Twilight Princess, and next will be getting back to Super Paper Mario, then I have Resident Evil 4 waiting to even be opened.

By the time I get to finishing all of those I am sure I will already have bought Mario Galaxy, Umbrella Chronicles, and Smash Brothers.

It also gets some use whenever I have parties at my place. Everyone loves some Wii Sports and Mario Party, and I am probably going to snag Carnival Games too for another great party game to have in my arsenal.

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know exactly what you are talking about Deefuzz! I've got so many games that I'm either in the middle of playing or haven't opened that it's crazy! If it weren't for Castlevania: SOTN on Xbox Live I could finally finish Twilight Princess on the Wii as well! I won't even get started on all of the older gaming consoles I still have that have their own library games I haven't played or was in the middle of playing. There just isn't enough time in the day!!!

I'm tempted to "take a break" from all those games though and purchase Carnival Games that recently came out for the Wii. It may be cheesy, but it's a game I know my wife would play w/ me.

By the way, I sent you a friend request the other day on Xbox Live. DuoconFlywheels...

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I keep seeing Carnival Games mentioned. What is it? Is it actually good? I am intrigued.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

...are you talking about a PC there? :eek: 

7. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    :lolol 

8. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I haven't a clue, but when my wife saw that he game contained skee ball she was convinced that it was a must own. Priced at $30, it'd be worth the purchase just to have something new video game wise for her to play.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Sorry, just seemed like a weird reason to get all excited, you know? Especially with Metroid Prime out and stuff :3

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The Wii is probably my favorite system of this generation. I'm an old school gamer, so the lesser graphics don't bother me, and I'm totally taken by the controls. When you add in the VC, I play my Wii all the time. It's my DS and PC (for games) that are sitting there collecting dust. Nothing else of the new gen has really grabbed my attention except Halo 3, which I'm sure I'm going to buy a 360 for.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Now I'm even more intrigued. I am a Skee-ball fiend. I can easily drop $30 on it during one evening out at Chuck E Cheese. If it controls well I might pick this up.

*off to hunt for reviews*